Miami Injury Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Injury Report

Does Grosvenor play, or is he pretty much a practice player?

He's gotten a few snaps. 3 for 3 guy if i remember correctly. Good chance for him to learn behind Samuels, Slayton, McKinley. Once Black and Pickard come back, it only increases the competition. Losing Samuels to graduation and who knows if Slayton comes back (he isn't dominating (but playing v well) and has the measurables the next level looks for), I like getting Grovsner some burn this season to prep him for next. Also think Williams will get drafted after next year or his senior year solely based in part on the comparison of his back-flipping tape to JPP's at the combine (which allegedly shot him up the draft board bigly).

He's gotten a few snaps. 3 for 3 guy if i remember correctly. Good chance for him to learn behind Samuels, Slayton, McKinley. Once Black and Pickard come back, it only increases the competition. Losing Samuels to graduation and who knows if Slayton comes back (he isn't dominating (but playing v well) and has the measurables the next level looks for), I like getting Grovsner some burn this season to prep him for next. Also think Williams will get drafted after next year or his senior year solely based in part on the comparison of his back-flipping tape to JPP's at the combine (which allegedly shot him up the draft board bigly).
Samuels, like Slayton is a RS-Jr. I'm not sure where he stands with his degree path, but unless he gives up football all together, he isn't going anywhere after this season.

Williams is a true soph and is in no position to consider leaving after next season. This kid has a real chance to be a star. He's accomplished amazing things in the S & C program which has translated to much improved play on the field. I can't wait to see what weight he plays at next year.

Selfishly, I hope Slayton comes back for his senior year but he needs to make his decision based on whats best for him and his family.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the next 6 games. LGO!

so who is the next DB in the rotation up now that Scoop is out?

I know it sounds horrible but is anyone else glad to see Bradshaw out. He is just to small and to slow to play on the outside at this level. He should be nothing more than a nickle or dime DB. Ive seen Bradshaw get beat in the central connecticut game multiple times and he gave up their long TD pass. The Miami and FSU recievers would eat him alive if he was playing

Samuels, like Slayton is a RS-Jr. I'm not sure where he stands with his degree path, but unless he gives up football all together, he isn't going anywhere after this season.

Williams is a true soph and is in no position to consider leaving after next season. This kid has a real chance to be a star. He's accomplished amazing things in the S & C program which has translated to much improved play on the field. I can't wait to see what weight he plays at next year.

Selfishly, I hope Slayton comes back for his senior year but he needs to make his decision based on whats best for him and his family.

Samuels would also have the option to be a grad transfer if he has his degree

He was playing well when he got hurt.. Who do we replace him with full time and what depth do we have left at the position is a big worry to me.

I know it sounds horrible but is anyone else glad to see Bradshaw out. He is just to small and to slow to play on the outside at this level. He should be nothing more than a nickle or dime DB. Ive seen Bradshaw get beat in the central connecticut game multiple times and he gave up their long TD pass. The Miami and FSU recievers would eat him alive if he was playing
It does sound horrible.

No not at all and you couldn't be more wrong.

IMO he's been the best DB all season and as a true soph has definitely grown with experience as the season has worn on.

No DB goes unscathed and Bradshaw's 5 pass breakups lead the team. I think he's a big loss.

He was playing well when he got hurt.. Who do we replace him with full time and what depth do we have left at the position is a big worry to me.

Dowels replaces him. At least Dowels has a ton of starts and snaps under his belt but he's not as good as Bradshaw.

No not at all and you couldn't be more wrong.

IMO he's been the best DB all season and as a true soph has definitely grown with experience as the season has worn on.

No DB goes unscathed and Bradshaw's 5 pass breakups lead the team. I think he's a big loss.

I don't trust my football knowledge very much, but I trust yours and agree with you. I thought Bradshaw was having a solid season.

Losing Bradshaw definitely hurts. If you think he's slow (which he's not) I'm not looking forward to seeing his replacement Dowels on grass tomorrow.

Honestly, overall , big picture this season, we have been VERY fortunate on the injury front this year :) VERY!
You just had to say it huh? Somebody delete this please!!!
;)...kind of.

Scoop might be undersized, but he's a starting corner for this team. Him being out is NOT good.

The staff has really developed his technique and he's shown signs of big improvement.

Remember, he's only a true sophomore, so he will only continue to get better. Absolutely nothing better than in-game experience.

Thought Ron Thompson wasn't going anywhere either and so I mention Slayton in the same regard. Of course I want him to return. Yes, Ron had flashy sack numbers and the (stupid) Chandler Jones comps going for him.

I can't predict the future like you can re: Williams and so I'll stick by my "it's possible after next year..." statement.

We don't know these kid's academic nor financial pictures and so throwing out blanket statements is an impossibility.

I still think there might be 1 or 2 3rd team OL'ers that may end up on the other side of the ball (not this year).

Nope, prior to the season I had my doubts about him but he has the most fluid hips in the secondary. He is still learning no doubt but he got better each game. When you are beat for a TD, its easy to point out when the CB makes a mistake , but what are they doing on the other 70 snaps? Fredrick got beat vs MTSU. Its gonna happen at times. Its all about how you respond. Bradshaw is disipline in his zone and he plays the ball well. The secondary have to be on the same page. Communication, knowing when to squeeze a route or not, when to help. There's alot of factors that go into it. I definitely see why he won the position. He is a loss for sure.

Last edited:
Any perspective on when we might get Coleman / Black back? Would be nice to bolster an already strong DL for the stretch run.

It is nice to have experience depth in Dowels, Butler and Hudson but Bradshaw passed them all. Dowels is so small he gets killed on running plays. I am worried about big plays from Miami today. Their offense isn't great but has a few players who can make plays. Homer scares me, fast strong good one cut runner.

I don't trust my football knowledge very much, but I trust yours and agree with you. I thought Bradshaw was having a solid season.
Scoop was having a pretty damn good year, big loss.

Totally agree he was playing well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom