Michael Carter-Willaims to Bulls | Syracusefan.com

Michael Carter-Willaims to Bulls

Are MCW and Rondo the worst shooting PG tandem in NBA history?

Edit: I guess they figure they have enough scoring between Wade, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, and Gasol that they can afford one position that's designated to defense and facilitating.

Last edited:

Edit: I guess they figure they have enough scoring between Wade, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, and Gasol that they can afford one position that's designated to defense and facilitating.
And the Bucks are putting the ball in the hands of the Greek Freak.

And the Bucks are putting the ball in the hands of the Greek Freak.
They already stated a month before the preseason even started the Greek Freak was the starting "PG".

Gasol's on the Spurs now.

Rondo/MCW, plus as good as Wade is, he's not a 3 point shooter. It will be interesting to see how that gels. At least MCW didn't end up in Sacramento as was rumored.

Rondo/MCW, plus as good as Wade is, he's not a 3 point shooter. It will be interesting to see how that gels. At least MCW didn't end up in Sacramento as was rumored.

Word on that. Stay outta Sac Town.

How many years does Rondo have left on his contract? Is MCW the future point guard in Chi-town? Him and Butler would be a tall backcourt. Too bad it's not the mid nineties.

I don't think it's Cuse homerism to say that the Bucks got destroyed in this trade. Until MCW figures out how to shoot, if he ever does, he's going to be what he is, but Tony Snell... Really? Might as well just take a bag of basketballs back in return.

Bucks must really want to just get rid of him.

I can't think of a comp set for MCW"s career. From rookie of the year to journeyman all on his first contract. I think his ceiling is a Nate Macmillan type player but in today's game you have to shoot it a little. Interesting.

I don't think it's Cuse homerism to say that the Bucks got destroyed in this trade. Until MCW figures out how to shoot, if he ever does, he's going to be what he is, but Tony Snell... Really? Might as well just take a bag of basketballs back in return.

They didn't get destroyed in this deal as they basically gave up nothing, where they got destroyed was in the trade for him where they could've just held onto that top-3 protected Lakers pick that the Sixers have that should hit this year.

The Bucks have been trying to trade for a wing that can potentially make 3's since Middleton went down. There were MCW for Ben McLemore and MCW for Nick Young rumors in recent weeks.

Plus Butler. Might be the worst shooting backcourt of the modern NBA era. I remember reading something back when Wade & Rondo signed that Wade, Rondo, and Butler were statistically 3 of the worst 8 starting guards in the NBA in terms of shooting, and now they're all starting for the same team. I think the Bulls have enough talent that they overcome the shooting woes and sneak into the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed, but I think it'll be a pretty disappointing season for them.

At any rate, this year is a chance for MCW to audition for other teams.

They didn't get destroyed in this deal as they basically gave up nothing, where they got destroyed was in the trade for him where they could've just held onto that top-3 protected Lakers pick that the Sixers have that should hit this year.

This right here. Bucks passed up on the Lakers juicy 1st round pick to take MCW instead.

Of course when you factor in the Jennings trade, it doesn't look nearly as bad. The Bucks essentially traded Brandon Jennings for Khris Middleton, Miles Plumlee, Snell, and Michael Beasley; good haul for a bad bench guard.

At the end of the day, this trade is pretty simple. MCW was going to be the backup PG this year behind Dellavadova. They traded him for Snell, who will be their starting SG this year.