Michael Carter-Williams Debut Highlights vs. Heat | Syracusefan.com

Michael Carter-Williams Debut Highlights vs. Heat

The most steals ever for a player making his debut, the second most assists for a player making his debut, only the third player ever with at least 22 pts, 7 rebs, 12 assists and 9 steals. If he would have had one more steal he would have been only the second player in history to start his career with a triple double; that player, the big O, Oscar Robertson. Very good for MCW and SU basketball.

The most steals ever for a player making his debut, the second most assists for a player making his debut, only the third player ever with at least 22 pts, 7 rebs, 12 assists and 9 steals. If he would have had one more steal he would have been only the second player in history to start his career with a triple double; that player, the big O, Oscar Robertson. Very good for MCW and SU basketball.
Besides the huge numbers for steals and assists MCW was knocking down the 3's and blowing by the Heat on fast breaks! He had a better overall debut than Allan Iverson.

Awesome. Happy for him. Arc on his shot happened a year late dammit.

I've been on some NBA boards last night/this morning. Everyone is really, really impressed with him. His defense, his poise, his decision making, his ability to distribute. It's hard to assume he'll continue this level of play, but to get on the national level (well, for the people who follow only the NBA and not college) so quickly is great for him.

I've been on some NBA boards last night/this morning. Everyone is really, really impressed with him. His defense, his poise, his decision making, his ability to distribute. It's hard to assume he'll continue this level of play, but to get on the national level (well, for the people who follow only the NBA and not college) so quickly is great for him.
The NBA subreddit is going crazy about him after last nights game.

It's great to see MCW put his doubters to shame.

If he can come anywhere close to keeping this up, he will be a star off the court, as well. He speaks very well and is very charismatic-The anti AI.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is that he made it look effortless. He is going to have bad games but with his size, speed, court vision, and defensive ability he is going to be a great NBA player. The game is better for his skill set than the Big East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a 7:30 minute video showing all of his highlights as well. This Dawk Ins guy posts highlights of all the top performances from each night. Great guy to follow on YouTube.

The crazy thing is that he made it look effortless. He is going to have bad games but with his size, speed, court vision, and defensive ability he is going to be a great NBA player. The game is better for his skill set than the Big East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing some of the game and highlights I think he could lead the league in steals. Obviously he won't average 9 but he has the same knack in m2m as he did in zone to see the play and anticipate the pass almost before the passer knows he's going to throw it. Plus if you are posting or driving you'd better hope he is no where around as a help defender.

THE ZONE DOESN'T PREPARE YOU FOR THE NBA!!!

ask Wallace, hakim, Flynn, paul, Watkins , hill, Carminitelyelo, etal. biggest joke is boorheim thought kid from philly was infinitely better. r u suffering antiquation

ask Wallace, hakim, Flynn, paul, Watkins , hill, Carminitelyelo, etal. biggest joke is boorheim thought kid from philly was infinitely better. r u suffering antiquation
Really? You think the zone is the only thing that held guys like Paul Harris, Mookie Watkins, and Otis Hill back from a shot in the league?

I hope you're kidding, or drunk. Those are the only two acceptable choices here.

JHC people who think MCW shouldve started over Jardine in 2012 need to be banned.

Glad to see him do so well. He got away with one jump in the air with nowhere really to go by passing the ball under the basket to Hawes instead of starting the fast break for the other team. Great highlights. LOVED the strip of Lebron at the end.

That steal on Lebron at the end of the game was the best!! Good job MCW!!! Proud to be Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom