Michael Johnson "The 315" 2-15-24 | Syracusefan.com

Michael Johnson "The 315" 2-15-24

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse football Co-Offensive Coordinator & TE Coach Michael Johnson Joined Brian on The 315 today. He talked about being the prior WR coach before moving to tight ends. He expressed excitement with Oronde Gadsden staying at Syracuse, the HC transition, expectations from the offense, and more..

Great interview with Coach Johnson, I do find it quite interesting that he knew little about the abilities of Dan Vallari until the Pittsburgh game, that was sort of shocking to me, almost like did you not know that he was transferred earlier in the year to the TE position. I believe he coached wide receivers, I would think there would be overlap. In any event I know coach Babers spoke very frequently about DV and his abilities from a playmaking standpoint, I also believe CDB's ability to improvise was grossly underrated. Certainly, any head coach would prefer never to have to improvise to such a ridiculously extensive degree secondary to extreme depth issues for years. In any event I trust coach Johnson is really going to maximize and empower his position group primarily as well as the offense as Co-offensive coordinator

Syracuse football Co-Offensive Coordinator & TE Coach Michael Johnson Joined Brian on The 315 today. He talked about being the prior WR coach before moving to tight ends. He expressed excitement with Oronde Gadsden staying at Syracuse, the HC transition, expectations from the offense, and more..

It’s nice to know what these assistant coaches sound like?

It’s nice to know what these assistant coaches sound like?
1708112993270.gif

There’s never much new info in these interviews but I’m a fan and just like seeing our coaches get excited about the team. At the bare minimum I actually feel like someone on the team *cares* about how much I love watching them play. It’s a fairly basic “human” thing.