Michigan, Louisville (and Clemson!) fans... | Syracusefan.com

Michigan, Louisville (and Clemson!) fans...

cto

Administrator
Went to the practice round at the Masters in Augusta today (200 miles from Atlanta) -- wearing an SU hat. Dozens of really friendly Louisville and Michigan fans came up to me and congratulated us for a great tourney. But my favorite random guy was wearing a Clemson shirt and hat. Said he: "I assume you're Syracuse. I want to welcome you to the ACC. We look forward to playing you in football this year, but I don't look forward to playing you in basketball. You are way too good for us.".

Went to the practice round at the Masters in Augusta today (200 miles from Atlanta) -- wearing an SU hat. Dozens of really friendly Louisville and Michigan fans came up to me and congratulated us for a great tourney. But my favorite random guy was wearing a Clemson shirt and hat. Said he: "I assume you're Syracuse. I want to welcome you to the ACC. We look forward to playing you in football this year, but I don't look forward to playing you in basketball. You are way too good for us.".
I am so pissed at myself that I didn't plan that trip six months ago. I envy that you did it. Had to be incredible. BTW, I am looking forward to playing Clemson. I think it's in the cards to do a roadtrip down there in 2014 for football.

This is the cordial attitude you will get from most of the fans in the ACC. They are generally not the in your face fools that we often see at certain schools in the old Big East. NC State may be an exception after last year.
By the way, did you tell him that they need to change their school color now that we are in the ACC? :)

Before Saturday's game, on the grass field adjacent to the Georgia Dome, I met a Clemson family. They were very friendly and invited me to their tailgate in 2014. They have an RV and start to tailgate at 8:00... "There'll be plenty of food and drinks, you don't need to bring anything". They'll be at the Dome this fall, including Niagara Falls and Cooperstown in their trip. We told them to swing by some wineries during their visit. I also pointed then to TexanMark's tailgate guide. July 1st can't get here soon enough.

Louisville fans are awesome. Great people, very knowledgeable about not only their team but ours. Had some very intelligent conversations with them. Not so much with the Michigan fans in their offseason from football...

I've spent some time on the fan boards of ACC schools and found that most are welcoming and positive toward SU, at least as basketball is concerned. UVa and Georgia Tech particularly and even on UNC the majority sees SU joining in hoops as positive for the conference. The only board where I found the majority to be negative toward SU is NC State.

With one of my sons a Clemson Alum and the other a GA Tech Alum...I personally have some internal rivalries!

I've spent some time on the fan boards of ACC schools and found that most are welcoming and positive toward SU, at least as basketball is concerned. UVa and Georgia Tech particularly and even on UNC the majority sees SU joining in hoops as positive for the conference. The only board where I found the majority to be negative toward SU is NC State.
NC State has an inferiority complex - they don't want more schools coming in to the conference and pushing them down even further in the pecking order

While you were there, did you inquire why Augusta only has 2 token female members?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom