Michigan vs. Minnesota | Syracusefan.com

Michigan vs. Minnesota

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Generally, I am in favor of going for the victory (see pooch kick), and I will not criticize the Minnesota coach for going for it at the end of the game. Nonetheless, I think I would have kicked it there. The Michigan back up quarterback seemed pretty limited, and Minnesota would have had the advantage in OT. Still, good for the Minnesota coach. Play to win.

All the same, I wish I was watching Miami vs. Duke instead.

People complain about Lester but running a play involving a lot of shifting with the clock running in the final seconds was stupid and then running a QB sneak with the game on the line was just as bad. I like to see a play with some options on the goal line: multiple holes, multiple receivers, etc.

Generally, I am in favor of going for the victory (see pooch kick), and I will not criticize the Minnesota coach for going for it at the end of the game. Nonetheless, I think I would have kicked it there. The Michigan back up quarterback seemed pretty limited, and Minnesota would have had the advantage in OT. Still, good for the Minnesota coach. Play to win.

All the same, I wish I was watching Miami vs. Duke instead.
At one point I switched over and they were showing Kill's press conference. Very, very sad to see a guy who does something well, wants to keep doing it but can't because his body won't let him.

At one point I switched over and they were showing Kill's press conference. Very, very sad to see a guy who does something well, wants to keep doing it but can't because his body won't let him.

I didn't see the press conference, but you really have to feel for the guy. I follow Michigan because I live there for a month every year and my wife has a degree from UM, but obviously Kill is loved for reasons that emanate from his presence in the program there. My guess is that he possessed many of the attributes that Coach Mac has had at Syracuse. I wish him well.

People complain about Lester but running a play involving a lot of shifting with the clock running in the final seconds was stupid and then running a QB sneak with the game on the line was just as bad. I like to see a play with some options on the goal line: multiple holes, multiple receivers, etc.

You make a point. I didn't even think about that, but the play didn't seem to have much chance. I was thinking about the second OT against UVA. I think we should have gone for the 2 there. We certainly didn't seem to have the capacity to stop them, and one play from 2 1/2 yards was our best chance to win.