Might have missed this, but | Syracusefan.com

Might have missed this, but

Should help them go the final four as well.

I think they already do, it's the other rounds that they can't scrape up the cash to handle. 1 billion dollars doesn't go nearly as far as it used to, ya know? Not when you have insurance to pay on your stealth bomber and you promised your kid a nuclear submarine for his 18th birthday.

This past final four is the first time the NCAA offered parents $3000 to attend the semi-finals and $4000 if their team played in the finals. I believe the Post Standard had a story about it. If parents follow their kids through the conference tournaments and all the rounds of the NCAA tournament it has to get very expensive.

NCAA to allow schools to pay for 2 parents or guardians to go to official visits. About time.

This could get out of hand if it's not regulated. It could become a back door for paying college athletes. I wonder if there are limits on how much the school can give the parents.

This could get out of hand if it's not regulated. It could become a back door for paying college athletes. I wonder if there are limits on how much the school can give the parents.

Each incremental financial change to the game brings us closer to the day when Syracuse is at an insurmountable disadvantage to big state schools. We can all find fault with the current system and the NCAA, but this is what the "pay the players" crowd doesn't recognize.

Each incremental financial change to the game brings us closer to the day when Syracuse is at an insurmountable disadvantage to big state schools. We can all find fault with the current system and the NCAA, but this is what the "pay the players" crowd doesn't recognize.

Maybe the free market would do better. I'm sure we can compete just fine. The NCAA is like a soviet style politburo that needs to control everything so the party members become rich and powerful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom