Mike hart new rbs coach | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mike hart new rbs coach

I would be very surprised if he let go of any of his BG guys after the first year, no matter the results. They're his guys and he believes in them. He brought them here because of that. Even the non-BG would have to be a total and complete disaster, IMO, for him to show them the door after year 1.

True but on the other hand if the offense goes 3 an out or scores quickly the defense is going to have to work incredibly hard to stay off the field themselves. I think Millhouse posted a time of possession BG had in 14 and 15 which will play a large part in the 16 defense. This is going to be a very interesting/exciting/? kind of year.

This is also a big reason why numbers need to be increased exponentially on the DL. We have to be able to have a solid rotation. We have the numbers at LB. DBs, aren't nearly as deep, so we could use a few. DL is where we've seen the most attrition and need the most players. Hopefully the 2 suspended guys aren't out long and we don't see any transfers from this unit (fingers crossed).

My first reaction was, "Cool!". After I thought about it some more I thought about him recruiting kids to Syracuse. "Hey Coach Hart, why didn't you stay home and play at Syracuse?" We shall see. #TrustInDinoIWill

Because dino and i werent coaching then.

Agree thats a good line though.

And it is painful to watch bad defense.

Those late game drives by UVA and Pitt were as bad as it gets for me.

The feeling of helplessness is awful.

It's like watching bowling or golf when your opponent is about to roll/hit and you can not do a darn thing about it.

OrangePA said:
And it is painful to watch bad defense. Those late game drives by UVA and Pitt were as bad as it gets for me. The feeling of helplessness is awful.

Agreed. But soon our attitude will be "if there is time left, it's not hopeless*"

It's going to take us a while to shift from a defensive mindset to an offensive ones as fans.

* I'm aware that during at least the Pitt drive, we had no time.

I think it's an excuse you're leaning on because you don't think they are ACC quality.
You mean like some might question the quality of nzm136's posts because he's only "2nd String"? ;)

Bowling Green played an SEC team (Tennessee), two B1G teams(Maryland and Purdue) and a good Memphis team in the first four games. In those games they went for about 2,370 yds and 154 points. The QBs threw for 1,769 yds with 13 TDs and 2 Interceptions.

It's nice of you to give them the benefit of the doubt. His talent should get better now that he has SU and the ACC to sell and I don't think him or all the coaches that came with him are going to forget how to coach.

I feel the same way. SU and BGSU are two different animals. One has to play Clemson, FSU, UL, and BC (who would have been WAY better sans an abnormally high number of injuries) every year. The other doesn't. Players and coaching styles that work in the MAC won't work as well on the ACC. The staff will either need to recruit Florida a lot better, or recruit a wider area effectively.

And before anyone blasts me for being skeptical of the MAC. Yes, I freely admit that a lot of great coaches started in the MAC. However, (even more) terrible ones started there, too. The average MAC coach is worse than his counterpart at most other conferences.

And it is painful to watch bad defense.

Those late game drives by UVA and Pitt were as bad as it gets for me.

The feeling of helplessness is awful.
The defensive OOB hit at USF was demoralizing as well... just as momentum was starting to turn.

I suspect most would rather lose in a high-scoring shootout than to the Pitt death march, knowing that SU would win more than its fair share of those shootouts.

#DinoDome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom