Mike Trout on the block? | Syracusefan.com

Mike Trout on the block?

Oráiste

2017 Iggy Award Winner
that's the rumor.

As a Mets fan, I'd give up a package built around any 2 of our pitchers not named Syndergaard for him.

My starting offer: Harvey, Matz, Rosario, Lugo and Angels pick of any other prospect

Come to Toronto baby.

If he is on the block no team except Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Soz would have the prospects and major league talent to get him.

that's the rumor.

As a Mets fan, I'd give up a package built around any 2 of our pitchers not named Syndergaard for him.

My starting offer: Harvey, Matz, Rosario, Lugo and Angels pick of any other prospect

I would rather keep the pitching and just sign Cespedes.

If he is on the block no team except Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Soz would have the prospects and major league talent to get him.
according to what I read, the Yankees are considered the frontrunner because of the depth of their minor league talent

according to what I read, the Yankees are considered the frontrunner because of the depth of their minor league talent
Yankees have minor league depth but they don't have the major league talent to be included in the deal.
Red Sox could start their deal with Mookie Betts if they wanted Trout or Andrew Bientendi and Yoan Moncada.

that's the rumor.

I mean realistically, if Mike Trout is available, you can't hold anyone back. You're offering the Angels 2 pitchers coming off surgery (two incredibly talented pitchers, no doubt), a prospect who is very good but still in AA, for basically Willie Mays. (it's possible i'm selling Trout short by calling him Willie Mays, which boggles the mind to say)

I really can't imagine the Angels ever being persuaded to trade him. If Boston started with Mookie Betts, I'd at least pick up the phone though.

the Yankees most definetely will be in the mix.

they certainly have the minor leaguers now and you cant tell me that California wouldn't be happy with some combo of Didi, Castro, Judge, Sanchez and Betances.

I know, Castro might be a stretch as a key piece, but he would be a nice throw in.

oh and, you don't come to NY with a star that big and be a met, piazza was a way different scenario.

they certainly have the minor leaguers now and you cant tell me that California wouldn't be happy with some combo of Didi, Castro, Judge, Sanchez and Betances.

I know, Castro might be a stretch as a key piece, but he would be a nice throw in.

oh and, you don't come to NY with a star that big and be a met, piazza was a way different scenario.

Trade the whole team so everyone else around him stinks. No thanks. Exactly the type of move that lead us to becoming old and boring before last August.

Didi and Castro are not close to being in a deal for Trout.

It would start with Sanchez, Judge, Frazier, Betances and probably your prospects you got for Miller and Chapman.

If Boston went Betts/Moncada/Kopach that is better than any package the Yankees offered.

It would start with Sanchez, Judge, Frazier, Betances and probably your prospects you got for Miller and Chapman.

If Boston went Betts/Moncada/Kopach that is better than any package the Yankees offered.

Yeah and if I'm the Angels I still don't do it.

Mike Trout is an unbelievably good player.

I mean realistically, if Mike Trout is available, you can't hold anyone back. You're offering the Angels 2 pitchers coming off surgery (two incredibly talented pitchers, no doubt), a prospect who is very good but still in AA, for basically Willie Mays. (it's possible i'm selling Trout short by calling him Willie Mays, which boggles the mind to say)

I really can't imagine the Angels ever being persuaded to trade him. If Boston started with Mookie Betts, I'd at least pick up the phone though.
I know . . . he's the best player of his generation and he's only 24. As I said, that would be my starting offer, but I'd basically offer anyone in the organization not named Syndergaard.

I don't see any reason why boston would be in this, same with the cubs.

they are close enough and/or already champions and can get by without a 'star'.

they Yankees need a name on the Marquis.

the Yanks could trade everyone, put Trout's name on the program, give him a show on YES...and draw 3.5million + next year, as they fill in around him.

I know . . . he's the best player of his generation and he's only 24. As I said, that would be my starting offer, but I'd basically offer anyone in the organization not named Syndergaard.

If Trout was really available (which I doubt, but whatever) how could you justify not trading Thor in a package for him? I love Thor, the guy could be the best pitcher in baseball behind Kershaw as soon as next year, (if he wasn't this year) but 1) he's a pitcher, didn't we just see last season how often they got hurt, and B) its mike trout. He might go down as the best baseball player of all time!

If Trout was really available (which I doubt, but whatever) how could you justify not trading Thor in a package for him? I love Thor, the guy could be the best pitcher in baseball behind Kershaw as soon as next year, (if he wasn't this year) but 1) he's a pitcher, didn't we just see last season how often they got hurt, and B) its mike trout. He might go down as the best baseball player of all time!
because you need to keep at least one other strong piece to build around, otherwise its a backwards move

because you need to keep at least one other strong piece to build around, otherwise its a backwards move

I'd hope that a few of the pitchers they got would be healthy for next year.

The whole thing is a pipe dream, especially for the Mets. But Mike Trout is a generational player, there's no one that shouldn't be on the table if he's available.

'“Nobody wants to trade that guy,” the GM said. “(Angels general manager) Billy (Eppler) can’t be the guy who traded Mike Trout. (Angels owner) Arte Moreno can’t be that guy. It would be like the Bulls trading Michael Jordan in his prime. The only thing that team has going right now is Mike Trout. Without him, they’d be a Triple-A team.”

Read more at: Yankees Could Be Loading Up For Mike Trout Trade, One MLB Scout Says"

Which pretty much echos my feelings.

I'd hope that a few of the pitchers they got would be healthy for next year.

The whole thing is a pipe dream, especially for the Mets. But Mike Trout is a generational player, there's no one that shouldn't be on the table if he's available.

'“Nobody wants to trade that guy,” the GM said. “(Angels general manager) Billy (Eppler) can’t be the guy who traded Mike Trout. (Angels owner) Arte Moreno can’t be that guy. It would be like the Bulls trading Michael Jordan in his prime. The only thing that team has going right now is Mike Trout. Without him, they’d be a Triple-A team.”

Read more at: Yankees Could Be Loading Up For Mike Trout Trade, One MLB Scout Says"

Which pretty much echos my feelings.

They pretty much are a triple a team, you don't win with one good player, look at what teams like the Cubs, Mets, Indians,Royals, Red Sox have done, thats how you win.

They pretty much are a triple a team, you don't win with one good player, look at what teams like the Cubs, Mets, Indians,Royals, Red Sox have done, thats how you win.

Well yeah the Angels are horrible, but it's not like it's Mike Trout's fault.

WAR is certainly a blunt instrument, but Trout is basically good for 9-10 WAR per year. The top 3 position players on the Mets last year were worth 10 WAR. (Walker, Cespedes, and Cabrera)

Trout is Mantle to this point in his career, and seems destined to hang up greater numbers before he is through.

But just how good was Mantle? He had an amazing statistical career despite never being healthy and drinking himself to an early grave.

How does Trout win the Mvp? I'm sorry he had a great year, but his team finished in last place. I would have given it to Betts.

I am glad Trout won he is the best player. Plus it would have added more money to a Betts. Betts is 23 he will win a MVP but Trout is the bestposition player in MLB.

I am glad Trout won he is the best player. Plus it would have added more money to a Betts. Betts is 23 he will win a MVP but Trout is the bestposition player in MLB.

But they finished in last place.