Milford | Syracusefan.com

Milford

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Looks like a solid group of kids at Milford this season. We’d be foolish not to send a contingent down there to scout and gauge interest.

OL Tim Gardner 6-4 320 – Indianapolis, IN – kid was booted from Ohio State this summer before practice started. Doesn’t seem like it was much of a big deal (petty charge obstruction of business or something) and Urban might have had to make a statement after their previous run-ins. I’d be ALL OVER this kid – offered by ND last year to.

TE Jordan Fuchs 6-6 220 – Queens, NY – uconn verbal from hs

LB Tony Lashley 6-2 220 – Independence, MO – Idaho verbal from hs, is tearing up the defensive stat sheet

DT Eric Mayes 6-5 260 – Sarasota, FL – usf verbal from hs

DE Ahkeem Barton 6-3 250 – Miami, FL – fiu offer

WR Zach Grant – 6-1 175 – Atco, NJ – allegedly held a Syracuse offer last year

ATH Juwan Jackson – 6-4 200 – Newark, NJ. This kid had a lot BCS interest. If qualified he’s BCS talent

OL/DT Jomel Ribalta – 6-3 340 – Miami, FL Hialeah. Had D1 offers in HS including Minnesota

DL Eric Waife – 6-5 260 – Egg Harbor, NJ – buttgers verbal from hs

OT Chasz Wright – 6-7 300 – Woodbridge, VA – uconn verbal from hs. Alleged offers from psu and ncstate.

There are a handful of other kids that are potentially D1 talents. I’d say upwards of 10.

Looks like a solid group of kids at Milford this season. We’d be foolish not to send a contingent down there to scout and gauge interest.

OL Tim Gardner 6-4 320 – Indianapolis, IN – kid was booted from Ohio State this summer before practice started. Doesn’t seem like it was much of a big deal (petty charge obstruction of business or something) and Urban might have had to make a statement after their previous run-ins. I’d be ALL OVER this kid – offered by ND last year to.

TE Jordan Fuchs 6-6 220 – Queens, NY – uconn verbal from hs

LB Tony Lashley 6-2 220 – Independence, MO – Idaho verbal from hs, is tearing up the defensive stat sheet

DT Eric Mayes 6-5 260 – Sarasota, FL – usf verbal from hs

DE Ahkeem Barton 6-3 250 – Miami, FL – fiu offer

WR Zach Grant – 6-1 175 – Atco, NJ – allegedly held a Syracuse offer last year

ATH Juwan Jackson – 6-4 200 – Newark, NJ. This kid had a lot BCS interest. If qualified he’s BCS talent

OL/DT Jomel Ribalta – 6-3 340 – Miami, FL Hialeah. Had D1 offers in HS including Minnesota

DL Eric Waife – 6-5 260 – Egg Harbor, NJ – buttgers verbal from hs

OT Chasz Wright – 6-7 300 – Woodbridge, VA – uconn verbal from hs. Alleged offers from psu and ncstate.

There are a handful of other kids that are potentially D1 talents. I’d say upwards of 10.

Only issue with Milford is that they usually encourage kids to stay committed to schools they signed with out of highschool (as long is there is mutual interest). Not saying we shouldn't at least be sniffing around but between that and the fact that some don't even qualify after Milford its hard to justify putting in a lot of time and effort.

Also found it interesting with Cooper that they placed him at Jireh Prep instead of Milford.
Maybe just to keep him closer to home for a semester but maybe the grades issue with some of the previous placements at Milford became an issue. Just speculating.

Also found it interesting with Cooper that they placed him at Jireh Prep instead of Milford.
Maybe just to keep him closer to home for a semester but maybe the grades issue with some of the previous placements at Milford became an issue. Just speculating.

I think distance was to big a factor there, with Cooper I have a hard time believing he will every step foot on campus. Syracuse going after 3-4 Wr's ths year tells me the staff is far from sold as well.

Any sense that those Milford kids are being courted by SU?

Might think there would be openings for anyone previously committing to UConn (P on the hot seat), Rutgers (class is full), Ohio State (3 top OL prospects already in its 2014 class).

Only issue with Milford is that they usually encourage kids to stay committed to schools they signed with out of highschool (as long is there is mutual interest). Not saying we shouldn't at least be sniffing around but between that and the fact that some don't even qualify after Milford its hard to justify putting in a lot of time and effort.
I would think that Milford will have to look the other way in regard to the Uconn verbals. Now way P survives there.

Keeping kids to their verbal is how Chaplick rolls for sure but nothing is guaranteed, some of the kids committed because it was their only offer due to the grades. P is doing what he did at Syracuse – offers non qualified kids in hopes of getting them to campus. There is another kid at Milford – a New Yorker to I believe – last name is Summers.

No matter, of the non-committed kids I’d certainly be recruiting Gardner very hard and would be giving Juwan Jackson, Barton and Ribalta looks. Gardner to me is a no brainer, he’s an offensive lineman who was offered out of HS by Ohio State and Notre Dame.

I think distance was to big a factor there, with Cooper I have a hard time believing he will every step foot on campus. Syracuse going after 3-4 Wr's ths year tells me the staff is far from sold as well.

Maybe. But I have a hard time believing McDonald will give up easily on this kid. He's one of his and helped his family choose that school.

Gardner sounds like a pretty intriguing prospect. Especially if he isn't current committed, given our need for quality OL.

Gardner sounds like a pretty intriguing prospect. Especially if he isn't current committed, given our need for quality OL.

He was an incoming frosh at Ohio State to so you're looking at a kid who could enroll in January (he's qualified) and have all of his eligibility remaining.

Does it scare anyone else that he was booted off THE Ohio State before he barely got there? I am all for giving guys a second chance, but is it worth the risk at this point?

Does it scare anyone else that he was booted off THE Ohio State before he barely got there? I am all for giving guys a second chance, but is it worth the risk at this point?

Based on the charge it shouldn't scare anybody away. Of course it goes without saying everything would have to be looked into, but I'd like to think the kid made a regretful mistake and can be given a second chance.

Meyer had a few kids arrested this summer and so maybe he just had to make an example of an incoming frosh. Who knows. I picture what Steve Rene and Marquis Spruill got arrested for.

"charged by Columbus police with obstruction of official business this past weekend"

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...-timothy-gardner-removed-from-team-for-police

Based on the charge it shouldn't scare anybody away. Of course it goes without saying everything would have to be looked into, but I'd like to think the kid made a regretful mistake and can be given a second chance.

I picture what Steve Rene and Marquis Spruill got arrested for.

"charged by Columbus police with obstruction of official business this past weekend"

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...-timothy-gardner-removed-from-team-for-police

Yeah, doesn't sound like much. Could it be that the OSU coaches didn't really want him anymore and used that charge to send him on his way?

Yeah, what happened to Pancho Barnwell (Sp.?) who committed here. Thought he was going to Milford and was coming here? There is another one who dissappeared. May have missed an update on him as well.

Depends on what the "risk" is -- not clear on what his transgression was.

Yeah, what happened to Pancho Barnwell (Sp.?) who committed here. Thought he was going to Milford and was coming here? There is another one who dissappeared. May have missed an update on him as well.

He didn't disappear at all--he ended up at Nassau CC, not Milford.

He's at Nassau CC. Currently leads the conference in TFL's and sacks

Maybe. But I have a hard time believing McDonald will give up easily on this kid. He's one of his and helped his family choose that school.

Ditto. Outside of him permanently not qualifying, I'd be shocked if he ends up elsewhere with the McDonald relationship.

Wonder if the new staff pursues him or not...been extremely quiet with him.

Wonder if the new staff pursues him or not...been extremely quiet with him.
I see an article on TOS from April where he said they still talked. (assuming it was the new regime) Not sure since.

Has SU shown any interest in Denzel Knight from Brockport? He's prepping at the Salisbury School this year and ran for 294 yards and 6 tds in their opener last Saturday.

Funny we never hear much about him, but was mentioned Moore was down at Nassau a couple days ago checking up on Mavety and Buss. Pancho wasn't even mentioned? I don't really get it?

Funny we never hear much about him, but was mentioned Moore was down at Nassau a couple days ago checking up on Mavety and Buss. Pancho wasn't even mentioned? I don't really get it?

Maybe it's an academic thing?