Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned. Do we have any former players that are in the coaching pipeline?... or even New York state guys coming up through the ranks that may feel at home in Syracuse that have coaching talent? I sometimes feel like there is a disconnect between our alumni and the athletic department at the Cuse. Coaches from Hawaii, Cal, Minnesota, Utah ect... are not likely to stick around long. At least east coast guys with a familiarity with the recruiting turf would help.
Donovin Darius is the only one that comes to mind, at least immediately.

Been here for 6 years, that's an eternity for a position coach. Guy's getting a promotion and more money (likely MUCH more money).

This dynamic certainly isn't new, I mean once upon a time Nick Saban was an SU position coach.

Time to go raid the staff of another team, replace him, and make that fanbase sad.

Circle of life.

Why would Monroe’s agent leak it?
Seems like this would be a Minnesota leak. Might be trying to poach some Su players before the portal window closes is my guess. Nick should’ve asked for a NDA.

Been here for 6 years, that's an eternity for a position coach. Guy's getting a promotion and more money (likely MUCH more money).

This dynamic certainly isn't new, I mean once upon a time Nick Saban was an SU position coach.

Time to go raid the staff of another team, replace him, and make that fanbase sad.

Circle of life.
7 years, but yes.

Why would Monroe’s agent leak it?
Why do agents do a lot of things? I'm sure they have their own purpose behind if. If it wasn't for Deion's agent, we wouldn't have known he was being courted by Colorado.

I wonder if Carter and Duce transferring had anything to do with the decision. Not in that he thought he couldn't succeed without them next year, but knowing the reality that any of his good recruits aren't sticking around here long term.

An agent leaks a signings so the reporter gets a scoop. Then when a job opens up the reporter floats the agent's clients names so they get publicity. Two-way street.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Why do agents do a lot of things? I'm sure they have their own purpose behind if. If it wasn't for Deion's agent, we wouldn't have known he was being courted by Colorado.
He wouldn’t have leaked it without Monroe’s permission.

An agent leaks a signings so the reporter gets a scoop. Then when a job opens up the reporter floats the agent's clients names so they get publicity. Two-way street.
I don’t think he is blindsiding his own client. Plus it was Thamel, not some hack wanna be.

Could have been a paralegal, someone making copies, anything really. Who knows what types of sources these ESPN people have.

He’s the safeties coach with the dolphins. He ain’t coming here for the same job
Shamarko?

Man I wish Drum had any interest in coaching. He’s great with athletes and hs kids.

Go on. Who would be a huge win from his tree? Asking sincerely, I really don't know all of his offshoots. Thoughts on names?
More just his track record of great assistants
I think he has a good eye for great coaches
Sadly I don’t think he is getting Bronco out of retirement lol

We had a good season and schools with more $ noticed that.
Yeah, the timing sucks with all the other goings-on, but I don't get the shock that's being expressed right now. Not to mention the gloom and doom.
We are what we are- a mid to lower level program in a secondary league...and btw, every league not named SEC/B1G, is now considered secondary.
That's how "this thing of ours" works now.

Last edited:
Leaves sunny Syracuse for the freezing cold Minnysoda, good luck driving that Mustang around!

7 years, he did his time and is back home, completely understand. Good luck Nick and thanks.

Now Dino and Rocky have to nail this one and I have a feeling they knew it was happening. Hope West gets a nice raise.

He’s the safeties coach with the dolphins. He ain’t coming here for the same job
Agree. If I had to guess, we are looking for a coach with strong ties to Florida, who has been coaching safeties for a while.

Someone like this.

If we are going to hire an alum, I would think about Rodney Wells. He has been doing a hell of a job at Dr Phillips in Orlando. No experience as a college coach but he has a ton of contacts in Florida.

We have to hire someone the HS coaches in Florida know and respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom