Minnesota / Post-season thoughts | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota / Post-season thoughts

Thought the whole team played hard and saw a lot of positive things to build on for next year.

One very odd stat was that Wax only had 2 tackles.
Minny barely touched the ball in the second half … a defensive score and a long return meant two scoring drives with hardly any plays run. Their second half offense was non-existent.

I find it interesting that some think its easy to be good at everything. Quarterback is one of the hardest positions to play in sports. If it was easy you wouldnt see all these 4/5 star QB's transferring non stop. NFL QB's having a great season then flopping the next. These guys have been doing throwing sessions since they were 10 years old. Training, 7v7, film study, progressions etc.. The commitment to being great is there but it doesnt mean they are going to be great each time they play. Btw defenders are doing the same thing. Getting bigger, faster, stronger and smarter. QB play looks easy from the stands.
This ^^^. We see generational level talent like Trevor Lawrence and expect a QB to perform at that level with that consistency … it’s far more rare than we realize.

Do we even know what Clark allegedly did yet? What a bogus call.

It is a truly awful stadium in every sense. I’m addition to what you mentioned, it’s hard to navigate around, the food choices are surprisingly bad for a new-ish stadium, the sight lines are awful, and the open concourses (no solid wall) in the upper deck really sucks when the weather isn’t great.

Was sad but understood when they tore down the old stadium - but what they built in its place is a travesty.

Met Life is about the same IMO. Just horrible.

Seems the high Union costs and nonsense make building anything in that area prohibitive, unless the gov't is giving you Billions to make airports which have turned out OK

Seems the high Union costs and nonsense make building anything in that area prohibitive, unless the gov't is giving you Billions to make airports which have turned out OK
It was the design and small footprint in the Bronx. Citi field is great.

Cold weather cities playing on ice draws better than warm weather cities playing on ice.
I'd bet more people in Las Vegas and whatever other city was in the Stanley Cup watched the Pinstripe game than watched the Stanley Cup on TV.

That is why FB drives the bus.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the shift to apps and away from cable. I am guessing a large part of that rating was general football fans. With cable, people will flip around and find the Pinstripe Bowl. If the game was just on an app, you will lose some of those general fans.

If ESPN were just an app, I might not have it at all. At best it would probably be just September through November. Just looking at this year's schedule there are only 2 games that I would need to figure out how to watch. And that is assuming neither is on ABC. I suppose I would pay the $40 to watch those 2 games in my home, although I could always go to a bar. A person like myself would not have access to these minor Bowl games.

That is why FB drives the bus.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the shift to apps and away from cable. I am guessing a large part of that rating was general football fans. With cable, people will flip around and find the Pinstripe Bowl. If the game was just on an app, you will lose some of those general fans.

If ESPN were just an app, I might not have it at all. At best it would probably be just September through November. Just looking at this year's schedule there are only 2 games that I would need to figure out how to watch. And that is assuming neither is on ABC. I suppose I would pay the $40 to watch those 2 games in my home, although I could always go to a bar. A person like myself would not have access to these minor Bowl games.
That's not a bad point. Particularly during bowl season, I quite often turn the tv on just see what games are on without the intention of watching a specific game. That's easier for me to "surf" on cable than through apps.

That's not a bad point. Particularly during bowl season, I quite often turn the tv on just see what games are on without the intention of watching a specific game. That's easier for me to "surf" on cable than through apps.

The future could be bad for sports fans. Either we pay more for the content or we watch less.

It will be interesting to see what ESPN does. Do they have on all access fee or do they break it down by sport? They can make more money (and also know the true value of each) by charging per sport.

$99.99 for a season pass to each...

NFL (MNF, pre and post game shows)
College FB
NBA
College BBall (M and W)
NHL
MLB

And:
ESPN+ $59.99/y or $5.99/m
SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m

Or do they go with...

ESPN $399.99/y or $39.99/m
SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ESPN Bundle $449.99/y or $44.99/m

Either way this is going to suck.

The future could be bad for sports fans. Either we pay more for the content or we watch less.

It will be interesting to see what ESPN does. Do they have on all access fee or do they break it down by sport? They can make more money (and also know the true value of each) by charging per sport.

College FB
NBA
College BBall (M and W)
NHL
MLB

And:
SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m

Or do they go with...

SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m

The industry guys on the board have been saying (warning) this for years.

People would pay about the same, just don't get all the other non-sports stuff.

College FB
NBA
College BBall (M and W)
NHL
MLB

And:
SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m

Or do they go with...

SECN $59.99/y or $5.99/m
ACCN $59.99/y or $5.99/m

if it sucks for the fan, will it work, (economically).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom