Mo to play center field in Houston | Syracusefan.com

Mo to play center field in Houston

CaliCuse

All American
Its been his long time wish to play in the outfield and Joe said that he will put him out there in Houston fora little bit. I just hope they don't have to carry him off the field because he try too hard to prove something o himself.couchburn

Now that they have been eliminated, there is no need to put him in for a save situation. Time to give the kids on the roster a good look in relief.

Honor his last request and let him play a few innings in CF; however, Joe has to be aware of the timing since this is a National League game and he might have to take an at bat. Hopefully Girardi does not let him hit. I don't want one of my final memories of Mo to be him swinging feebly at strike three. :(

Now that they have been eliminated, there is no need to put him in for a save situation. Time to give the kids on the roster a good look in relief.

Honor his last request and let him play a few innings in CF; however, Joe has to be aware of the timing since this is a National League game and he might have to take an at bat. Hopefully Girardi does not let him hit. I don't want one of my final memories of Mo to be him swinging feebly at strike three. :(

But you're ok with your final memory of the greatest closer in the game's history playing CF as a goof?

But you're ok with your final memory of the greatest closer in the game's history playing CF as a goof?
He has already had a memorable final relief appearance in Yankee Stadium in front of his fans. There is no need for him to make a relief appearance in the games in Houston, although for selfish reasons I wish he would.

Mo's request is a whim but in no way is it a goof! Despite the mishap in batting practice where he was hurt, he has spent time in the outfield fielding balls during batting practice before almost every game. That is a hell of a lot of fielding practice. Obviously he has shown some ability and i do not think that Joe would put him into a position where he would embarass himself and the team. On the other hand, I do not think he has taken batting practice much, if at all, during his career. Putting him up to bat against major league pitching would be a goof as he would be severely overmatched.

If Mo wants to play CF And Joe thinks he can do so, I'm all for it.

Way before your time, Rocky Colavito, one of the most feared hitters for the Indians & Tigers, finished his career with the Yankees in 1968. This is a guy who slugged 374 HRs, played the outfield and had a rocket for an arm. He asked Ralph Houk if could make a late season appearance as a relief pitcher against his former team, the Tigers. Now this is a guy who never pitched in a game in the majors. Well he pitched two and 2/3 innings of scoreless relief and earned the win! Was it an off the wall whim by a player Yes! If he was rocked in relief (pun intended) in no way would that diminish his legacy. The same hold true for Mo.

Last edited:
Well it just goes to show that a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I forgot that Houston made the jump to the American League West. Oh well... I guess my worries about Mo coming to bat are unfounded.

Well it just goes to show that a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I forgot that Houston made the jump to the American League West. Oh well... I guess my worries about Mo coming to bat are unfounded.

Unless he plays CF and his spot in the batting order comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom