Model for a new Dome?? | Syracusefan.com

Model for a new Dome??

I'm willing to bet if you built the exact same building in Syracuse without a single materials change, planning change or labor time increase, that building costs at least double and possibly triple what it cost in the Philippines.

I wonder what the criteria they used for "largest" arena? In the U.S. alone:

Georgia Dome, Atlanta 74,000 +/-
Superdome, New Orleans 73,000 +/-

Silver Dome, Detroit 82,000 +/-

well considering the average salary for a mechanical engineer in manila earns $7,000 a year

consider what the average construction worker earns a whopping $147 a month.

the average winter time low is 70-71 degrees which means no snow load factors are considered for the size of the steel beams that would be needed to hold tons of extra weight in snow.

plus their engineering codes are not nearly as strong as the U.S. especially in upstate N.Y. you just can't compare the two locations against one another.

Can I take an article seriously when they say, "The arena boasts of 55,000 seating capacity and sits on a 50-hectare property along the border of Bocaue and Sta. Maria. By seating capacity alone, the Philippine Arena is twice the size of the largest domed arenas in the United States and Europe...?"

That's barely more than our domed arena and ours is considered small my current standards. Sounds pretty clueless to me.

Can I take an article seriously when they say, "The arena boasts of 55,000 seating capacity and sits on a 50-hectare property along the border of Bocaue and Sta. Maria. By seating capacity alone, the Philippine Arena is twice the size of the largest domed arenas in the United States and Europe...?"

That's barely more than our domed arena and ours is considered small my current standards. Sounds pretty clueless to me.

They probably had it funded by telling the locals that they would have the biggest and best IN THE WORLD and then pray no one knows how to use google.

They probably had it funded by telling the locals that they would have the biggest and best IN THE WORLD and then pray no one knows how to use google.
they'll probably say that anything bigger is a stadium not an arena

they'll probably say that anything bigger is a stadium not an arena
I think it would be related to the size of the playing field. While large enough for basketball, tennis, boxing... it's not large enough for football, soccer, baseball. I think that is how we would distinguish "arena" v. "stadium" as well.