Monmouth - Iona post game pushing during handshake | Syracusefan.com

Monmouth - Iona post game pushing during handshake

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
This was not a brawl, more of an incident. It's just something that I am surprised doesn't happen a few more times.

I was watching the end of the Monmouth-Iona game (which Monmouth won) and as they went through the handshakes (seemed really cordial) as they followed Rice and star guard Justin Robinson down the line.

And then a curfuffle started -- in replays I noticed a few of the walkons that we see all the time (the only two walkons I can recognize in the country) where it appeared to break down. I wonder if their act pisses off teams that are losing to them?

Some pushing, some shouting, a couple fake tough guys being held back on both teams, security on the floor. I only noticed one punch being thrown.

yeah I think the Iona staff/players had been saying ahead of the game how they don't like the bench antics

Washington threw a punch which connected. Im assuming the same penalty applies for a thrown punch post game handshake as during the game?

Iona coach said before the game that the celebrations by players on Monmouth weren't by basketball players as they never see time on court.

yeah I think the Iona staff/players had been saying ahead of the game how they don't like the bench antics
Different sport, same message:

If you win then Monmouth looks like a bunch of fools, but you lost and threw a punch.

Monmouth is a good basketball team that could be an interesting story if they make the tournament I wrote an article over at last week. http://.com/below-the-radar-monmouth-hawks/

There's also a little video at the end that is an interview of the bench guys.

Monmouth is a good basketball team that could be an interesting story if they make the tournament I wrote an article over at last week. http://.com/below-the-radar-monmouth-hawks/

There's also a little video at the end that is an interview of the bench guys.
If Monmouth wins the regular season MAAC, they are in, even if they lose the league tournament.

Iona coach said before the game that the celebrations by players on Monmouth weren't by basketball players as they never see time on court.

Yet Iona's Washington slapped (weird enough) Brady of Monmouth, who's a starter and averages 19 minutes a game . Bet Monmouth's bench wasn't an issue other than Iona losing the game at home and not being able to deal with it.

longtimefan said:
If Monmouth wins the regular season MAAC, they are in, even if they lose the league tournament.
I completely agree, they've got some solid OOC wins including USC (who is also legit this year), UCLA, Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Rutgers.

I completely agree, they've got some solid OOC wins including USC (who is also legit this year), UCLA, Notre Dame, Georgetown, and Rutgers.

I agree with the solid OOC wins, but I wonder what Rutgers is doing in there

jncuse said:
I agree with the solid OOC wins, but I wonder what Rutgers is doing in there
I only included them because they are a in the B1G but for all intents and purposes they are a mid major school who won't ever do a thing in basketball.

Iona should worry about what happens on the court,not the bench.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Did you include Rutgers as a solid OOC win?
Read my next post about Rutgers in this thread. I already explained they were only there because of conference affiliation, nothing more.

Some pushing, some shouting, a couple fake tough guys being held back on both teams, security on the floor. I only noticed one punch being thrown.

The GOAT of fake tough guys

upload_2016-1-17_2-31-13.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom