More bad news | Syracusefan.com

More bad news

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
100% chance of rain and 20 to 30 mph winds, slim chance just became close to none, unless Louisville puts the ball on the ground about 6 times.

100% chance of rain and 20 to 30 mph winds, slim chance just became close to none, unless Louisville puts the ball on the ground about 6 times.

It's only raining on us? ;)

They have a suspect OL, run it better with Lamar than with RB, and they mix up the pass with the run - take away one and they are easier to defend.

Plus it clears up by 3pm.

Hold out hope man

It's not 100%...it's 45% chance at game time and 50% by game's end. I'm going so I've been keeping a close eye on it. It will likely drizzle on and off all game.

It's only raining on us? ;)

They have a suspect OL, run it better with Lamar than with RB, and they mix up the pass with the run - take away one and they are easier to defend.

Plus it clears up by 3pm.

Hold out hope man
Our offense isn't designed for this. Cards just have to let Jackson run.

It's not 100%...it's 45% chance at game time and 50% by game's end. I'm going so I've been keeping a close eye on it. It will likely drizzle on and off all game.
So am I , just looked at the WC, didn't look at the hour by hour. Its the wind that is the bigger issue anyway.

Did I miss the original bad news?
I don't know,
If your kind of read between the lines in the Syr.com articles we won't see Dungy again this year.
We have lost 3 in a row.
We are coming off of the worst half of football we have played all year.
So yea, I would say its more bad news.

Our offense isn't designed for this. Cards just have to let Jackson run.

If they aren't passing and running with Jackson that's good news. Bad news is you're right that our O is not suited for this kind of game.

the issue at Wake was play calling more than the wind.. Coaches learned a bit from that game.

I don't know,
If your kind of read between the lines in the Syr.com articles we won't see Dungy again this year.
We have lost 3 in a row.
We are coming off of the worst half of football we have played all year.
So yea, I would say its more bad news.

I think some really bad news is that Guthrie, who I think was always at LB for us until about halfway thru this season (correct me if I'm wrong) is now taking 67% of the snaps at DE. No wonder Wake RPO'd us to death.

Robinson plays every snap. Coleman was only healthy enough for 33% of the snaps.

That's
Not
Good

I think some really bad news is that Guthrie, who I think was always at LB for us until about halfway thru this season (correct me if I'm wrong) is now taking 67% of the snaps at DE. No wonder Wake RPO'd us to death.

Robinson plays every snap. Coleman was only healthy enough for 33% of the snaps.

That's
Not
Good

Yep. Where’s Berry?

Could a slippery pigskin lead to some fumbles - hell yeah. But who's going to make them, and who's gonna take them?

Yep. Where’s Berry?

I asked this same question earlier in the week in another thread. His size would have been a great asset against that rpo. I felt he had been playing really well this year. Watched him stand on the sideline the whole game...

the rain is advantage us. Jackson is not a good passer. He's a wonderful runner. If we can box him better knowing he can't throw in the wind/rain we have a shot. He's most dangerous when he's spinning it to wide open WRs b/c he's throwing a clean ball.

Need to contain, contain, contain. The first game vs him he was hitting on 2 drive plays. It was absurd. Make him drive, not quick score us.

Anyone thinking wind and rain favors us on the road just needs to go re-watch the Wake game from last year.

Wake was primarily a running team with a steady defense last year, while we were a passing team. We were the more dynamic offense. It’s reversed for this game.

Louisville does everything well - but primarily it’s Jackson running that opens up his passing. If he’s one dimensional it helps us.

The area it hurts us is with Louisville’s poor secondary.

Wake was primarily a running team with a steady defense last year, while we were a passing team. We were the more dynamic offense. It’s reversed for this game.

Louisville does everything well - but primarily it’s Jackson running that opens up his passing. If he’s one dimensional it helps us.

Being one dimensional only hurts if the one dimension is being stopped.

You can think it's matchups if you want. I think we play like dog spit outside the dome in bad weather regardless of the opponent and have for as long as I can remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom