More coming for B1G? | Syracusefan.com

More coming for B1G?

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
@Mengus22: Andy Katz on OTL just now said that a Michigan administrator told him they view 14 as a bad number for a conference.

I just do not know which way they will. There are probably a couple of options and 1 includes Syracuse IMO

I just do not know which way they will. There are probably a couple of options and 1 includes Syracuse IMO

Absolutely positively no way, no how...

Absolutely positively no way, no how...

If Big10 last play is ND then I think we will come with them. Because I also believe like Bees we are attached with ND.

My guess will be UVA and UNC is what they are looking at.

If Big10 last play is ND then I think we will come with them. Because I also believe like Bees we are attached with ND.

My guess will be UVA and UNC is what they are looking at.

How in gods name are we attached with Notre Dame? We have no existing rivalry with them. We don't have all that much of a history with them...outside of playing them on occasion. Notre Dame has absolutely no reason to throw us a lifeline.

That's like me saying I'm attached with Scarlett Johannson because I think she's hot.

i think the acc will be fine...add lville and the football just got better...We are an ACC type school and well do well in the ACC in the future

no way they consider su----we don't even come close to the big 10 profile---no research,small private,no med school,less than adequate facilities

The OK legislature will not allow OK State to be untethered from OU. Just ask the Pac12 about that. I think the B1G would love to get UNC and UVA. But those state legislatures will not allow that either unless VTech and NC State get into the SEC.

The OK legislature will not allow OK State to be untethered from OU. Just ask the Pac12 about that. I think the B1G would love to get UNC and UVA. But those state legislatures will not allow that either unless VTech and NC State get into the SEC.

The states won't get involved. Not now. Not in this environment. There's too much risk for any legislature to block a move.

I'm hoping that they only got those two schools RU/Mary because they were easy pickins due to their total mismanagement of money. They picked off the weakest and most desperate available.

The ACC IMHO can't wait long.
We are not hooked up with ND...what?
We should first be talking to ND, get them fully committed and get them involved in the process by saying, ok, we need to get to 16, who do we go get and ask ND to join us in the process. Make them part of the solution by involving them in the process. We have to be bold, aggressive and just get it done.
Make it clear that the ACC Network and whatever other TV deal can get done will get done. Put the date out there of when it will be done and get it done. I do not see NC going anywhere.

Its all about money folks. The b10 and sec network will make $50 per school by 2020 and probably $100 million by 2040. Everyone left out loses. If you get the invite, you go. ESPN may be perfectly fine having the BE and ACC die with the new SEC network. Fox only cares about the B10. It comes down to 2 super conferences and a 2nd tier 3rd conference out west. Texas may hold out and try and keep the B12 alive for another 10 years - they probably go SEC and maybe just maybe B10. The NC teams will be from the SEC or B10 and a small invite at times from the PAC10 if a team goes undefeated.

However, the days are numbered for nationwide interest in college football - if only 32 plus 1 teams are viable anymore for NC contention, what's the fun in that. I think most people will get tired of it all eventually - locked out by money doesnt interest me if the underdog never gets a chance. Basketball is more inclusive and allows for the occasional cinderella team to get into a NC game like Butler. I know I will stop caring about college football is Syracuse football goes down the crapper and just watch pro football anymore.

Its all about money folks. The b10 and sec network will make $50 per school by 2020 and probably $100 million by 2040. Everyone left out loses. If you get the invite, you go. ESPN may be perfectly fine having the BE and ACC die with the new SEC network. Fox only cares about the B10. It comes down to 2 super conferences and a 2nd tier 3rd conference out west. Texas may hold out and try and keep the B12 alive for another 10 years - they probably go SEC and maybe just maybe B10. The NC teams will be from the SEC or B10 and a small invite at times from the PAC10 if a team goes undefeated.

However, the days are numbered for nationwide interest in college football - if only 32 plus 1 teams are viable anymore for NC contention, what's the fun in that. I think most people will get tired of it all eventually - locked out by money doesnt interest me if the underdog never gets a chance. Basketball is more inclusive and allows for the occasional cinderella team to get into a NC game like Butler. I know I will stop caring about college football is Syracuse football goes down the crapper and just watch pro football anymore.

This.

I know I am in the Northeast and CF execs dont care what a NE guy thinks, but have zero interest in an all SEC based NCG. I didnt watch Bama LSU. What these guys are doing is essentially playing minor league football. Its almost like watching the pros. Where is the fun in that. The playing field is so not level its almost not even fun to watch anymore.

I love watching Syracuse Football (and basketball) but if our guys get relegated to some D League all because of a money grab, i wont spend another second watching college athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom