More grab and go concessions on the horizon? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More grab and go concessions on the horizon?

Some thoughts on Dome concessions….

I like the new grab and go concession stands.at the dome. Much better than the older single file line style stands in other areas of the dome.

Way less waiting.

The food is consistently warm.

The quality is much better.

Referring here specifically to chicken fingers, chicken sandwiches, French fries and burgers. To me, these are by far the best eats available in the dome.

Not a beer guy, but it is my understanding that there are vastly more and better options for beer drinkers today than there were years ago.

Agree it wou;d be awesome to be able to order food from anywhere in the dome and get notified when the order was ready for pick up. My understanding it that while there are a ton more options available for beer in various coolers located throughout the dome. It is very hit or miss where you might find a specific beer you are looking for.

Improved Wi-Fi will help address these issues. Hoping to see the food options expanded further with more high end type choices added. Hopefully some local specialties from local restaurants. I think this will happen in the last year or two.

And BTW, it is my understanding that the much maligned change to the nachos, where the cheese was changed, is going to be addressed for this fall. I believe we will see the return of the old style nachos with the traditional cheese.

I thiink things are the best they have been and will be significantly better in the fall.
Nice review. Admittedly I have not traveled around to track the burgers or nuggets (where are those served in the upper bowl?), so if those items are quality that is better. Dogs, Pretzels and nachos still bottom of barrel but if other items help balance things that helps.

Nice review. Admittedly I have not traveled around to track the burgers or nuggets (where are those served in the upper bowl?), so if those items are quality that is better. Dogs, Pretzels and nachos still bottom of barrel but if other items help balance things that helps.
I know chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders can be found on the lower level in the southwest corner of the dome. Burgers can be found in the northwest corner of the dome. French fries at both.

There might be other places but these are the places I know make them. The northeast corner has had a deep fryer since the days of BK and I think they also serve chicken and fries there.

I think the pizza was new as of a year or so ago. Never tried it. Haven’t had a hot dog in a long time. They were always cold and sad when I tried them. Like the sausage with peppers and onions a lot more.

I think there are new grab and gos featuring hot dogs and possibly nachos on the SW and NW corners of the upper deck. Hoping you can get warm hot dogs there. Haven’t tried them though.

I know chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders can be found on the lower level in the southwest corner of the dome. Burgers can be found in the northwest corner of the dome. French fries at both.

There might be other places but these are the places I know make them. The northeast corner has had a deep fryer since the days of BK and I think they also serve chicken and fries there.

I think the pizza was new as of a year or so ago. Never tried it. Haven’t had a hot dog in a long time. They were always cold and sad when I tried them. Like the sausage with peppers and onions a lot more.

I think there are new grab and gos featuring hot dogs and possibly nachos on the SW and NW corners of the upper deck. Hoping you can get warm hot dogs there. Haven’t tried them though.
Thanks, appreciate the area reference. I am game for a good burger or chicken sandwich. It would be nice if they had some simple signage hanging highlighting maybe certain foods served so when walking you could see in advance of an area if they had burgers for example. (Please don't tell me those already exist and I am seemingly oblivious :)), it's already bad enough I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.:p

Thanks, appreciate the area reference. I am game for a good burger or chicken sandwich. It would be nice if they had some simple signage hanging highlighting maybe certain foods served so when walking you could see in advance of an area if they had burgers for example. (Please don't tell me those already exist and I am seemingly oblivious :)), it's already bad enough I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.:p
the things that could be in a game program if they actually sold those any more..

the things that could be in a game program if they actually sold those any more..
I think a new version of the Cuse app is planned that will make things like figuring out where food, drink and bathrooms are, Hoping we are get real time inventory for all the coolers and search functions in place so if you can see exactly what is in each cooler at any given time too.

A state of the art Wi-Fi system makes a lot of really cool things possible. Should have way better access to out of town scores, real time statistics and replays if we do things right.

And I think that we will….. ;)

I think a new version of the Cuse app is planned that will make things like figuring out where food, drink and bathrooms are, Hoping we are get real time inventory for all the coolers and search functions in place so if you can see exactly what is in each cooler at any given time too.

A state of the art Wi-Fi system makes a lot of really cool things possible. Should have way better access to out of town scores, real time statistics and replays if we do things right.

And I think that we will….. ;)
So now I will have a reason to bring in my phone and wear my glasses so I can actually read it again

Nice

Some thoughts on Dome concessions….

I like the new grab and go concession stands.at the dome. Much better than the older single file line style stands in other areas of the dome.

Way less waiting.

The food is consistently warm.

The quality is much better.

Referring here specifically to chicken fingers, chicken sandwiches, French fries and burgers. To me, these are by far the best eats available in the dome.

Not a beer guy, but it is my understanding that there are vastly more and better options for beer drinkers today than there were years ago.

Agree it wou;d be awesome to be able to order food from anywhere in the dome and get notified when the order was ready for pick up. My understanding it that while there are a ton more options available for beer in various coolers located throughout the dome. It is very hit or miss where you might find a specific beer you are looking for.

Improved Wi-Fi will help address these issues. Hoping to see the food options expanded further with more high end type choices added. Hopefully some local specialties from local restaurants. I think this will happen in the last year or two.

And BTW, it is my understanding that the much maligned change to the nachos, where the cheese was changed, is going to be addressed for this fall. I believe we will see the return of the old style nachos with the traditional cheese.

I thiink things are the best they have been and will be significantly better in the fall.

Have you ever been to the stadium in Buffalo where the Sabres play?
They have much better quality concessions, and a great layout that I would love to see us copy. It's like a food court on the 2nd floor, and escalators to get you up to the cheap seats.

Have you ever been to the stadium in Buffalo where the Sabres play?
They have much better quality concessions, and a great layout that I would love to see us copy. It's like a food court on the 2nd floor, and escalators to get you up to the cheap seats.
I have been there for NCAA hoops games involving SU.

It opened in 1996. Pretty good design. Newer ones blow it away but it is more open than the dome and has more amenities.

I think escalators are coming to the dome in a couple of years. Hope they blow out some walls and create a food court too but it sounds like the announced extension is going to be more of an event center than a food court. If we ever get something like this, it is probably at least 5-10 years away.

I remember the Buffalo arena had fried bologna and beef on weck sandwiches too on the menu. Good examples of adding some local dishes to the drab generic stuff every arena sells.

I have been there for NCAA hoops games involving SU.

It opened in 1996. Pretty good design. Newer ones blow it away but it is more open than the dome and has more amenities.

I think escalators are coming to the dome in a couple of years. Hope they blow out some walls and create a food court too but it sounds like the announced extension is going to be more of an event center than a food court. If we ever get something like this, it is probably at least 5-10 years away.

I remember the Buffalo arena had fried bologna and beef on weck sandwiches too on the menu. Good examples of adding some local dishes to the drab generic stuff every arena sells.

When I was there for a concert a few years ago, aside from Beef on Weck, dogs, burgers, etc., there was a stand that sold pulled pork sandwiches, and the ability to sit or stand at mini-tables with your food instead of spilling it on the person next to you (or vice versa) back in your seat was very appealing.

Just my opinion but the food mostly sucks.
Fries sit in boxes and are soggy.
New Nachos blowchos.
1/4lb dogs are ok
Burgers are ok and a nice addition.
Pizza is lousy.
I can't recall trying the chicken but I know my kids weren't impressed.
Beer selection got better 10 years ago, I'm sure there's a market for the HighNoons/TwistedTeas but the beer itself is just different and maybe more widespread. I always had a kick ass Saranac stand close to my seats then they brought in better drafts long before these other changes.

I guess we need to create a map to help us keep the choices all straight.. We need about 10-15 people to keep their zones up todate.
Gonna need to use my phone as a compass next time I’m at the Dome awesome recap of food option locations though.

Everything is relative. Pizza is meh, but you're comparing it to Sbarro in a box, so who can complain. They actually run it through a pizza oven thingy as a whole pie.

Burger is outstanding when compared to the one that never existed before.

Dome Dogs were always shotty, so even steven.

For me, nachos aren't horrible, but I do see the difference.

Soft pretzels look weird, but are better.

Tenders are about what you'd expect, as are the fries.
But the chicken sammy is where it's at.

I have found that this whole new way of doing things is so much better. Speed and accessibility is like the food version of the pee trough. In and out. However, last night at the Men's Lax game, went to "Cuse Chicken" at the end of the 1st qtr. We were among 4 or 5 others waiting. Completely wiped out. I've never seen this be an issue even at a football game. Somebody done dropped the ball.

Everything is relative. Pizza is meh, but you're comparing it to Sbarro in a box, so who can complain. They actually run it through a pizza oven thingy as a whole pie.

Burger is outstanding when compared to the one that never existed before.

For me, nachos aren't horrible, but I do see the difference.

Soft pretzels look weird, but are better.

Tenders are about what you'd expect, as are the fries.
But the chicken sammy is where it's at.

I have found that this whole new way of doing things is so much better. Speed and accessibility is like the food version of the pee trough. In and out. However, last night at the Men's Lax game, went to "Cuse Chicken" at the end of the 1st qtr. We were among 4 or 5 others waiting. Completely wiped out. I've never seen this be an issue even at a football game. Somebody done dropped the ball.
blame colonel sanders

So now I will have a reason to bring in my phone and wear my glasses so I can actually read it again

Nice
Other than needing a phone to enter the building, yeah.

Other than needing a phone to enter the building, yeah.
Dont need to read to use that part of the phone even if hate using to get in..

But internet back in the dome means back on call again as that excuse goes out the door..

So back to seeing scores and being able to make bets in real time.

Yep the hot and nachos were both bad. Wrote that in their survey also. Quick and crappy doesn't beat slower but better quality. Obviously you want the sweet spot but food definitely has taken a step backwards from quality standpoint. Literally was given a hot dog bun that was rock hard stale.

Good news for you nacho fans, the old school nachos are back and will be available in the fall as well.

Good news for you nacho fans, the old school nachos are back and will be available in the fall as well.

51138XWN6BL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Maybe this is something that is common at arenas these days - I don’t know - but at the Barclays Center they have a spot where you can pick up bottles of soda/water/Red Bull and cans of beer/canned hard drinks in a grab n’ go format.

You tap your credit card and are charged $20. Then you can help yourself to as many soft drinks as you can carry and a max of two cans of beer/hard drinks.

I went last week and it was easily worth it, especially if you have your friends help you carry. The two cans of Fresca’s 5% ABV drink were probably $20 by themselves.

I'm just waiting for UberArena where you can be charged $30 instead of $15 to have someone deliver a hot dog to your seats (I know some places do this for very expensive seats but us peions don't typically get this)

Wrong. Dome dogs used to be fire. Quality wiener on a soft hotdog roll steaming up and congealing in those tinfoil wrappers.

Now they’re chit. Wiener itself seems shriveled (think most of us can relate) and dry. Roll always seems stale. Sitting there getting cold in a cardboard to go box.

Wrong. Dome dogs used to be fire. Quality wiener on a soft hotdog roll steaming up and congealing in those tinfoil wrappers.

Now they’re chit. Wiener itself seems shriveled (think most of us can relate) and dry. Roll always seems stale. Sitting there getting cold in a cardboard to go box.
To be fair, the only way I can enjoy a hot dog is grilled to perfection in someone’s back yard. As a rule I find them disgusting. So a steamed one in a drawer doesn’t do anything for me.