Movies 2023 | Syracusefan.com

Movies 2023

upperdeck

Living Legend
So far Regal has gone under in many locations.. And here we are going into Feb and we have 2 more weeks before the first decent big time movie even comes out. there hasnt been a real break out movie since Avatar came out other than Puss n Boots for kids.

I dont feel so bad for losing my movie pass with a lack of decent things to see.

I haven't been to the movies in a while, but I may go see Knock at the Cabin or Cocaine Bear.

We have a lot of good movies coming out this year too.

I haven't been to the movies in a while, but I may go see Knock at the Cabin or Cocaine Bear.

I’m fortunate to have a Cinemark Tinseltown 6 minutes down the street from me. I’m looking forward to both of these movies.

Wife and I debated going to see Infinity Pool tonight but opted against it.

Watched “You people” on Netflix . Just my opinion . But I though it was one of the worst movies in recent memory

the spoof on SNL last night was pretty funny. I think you people was one of the answers. Even funnier when i had to explain to my that the answers were real shows/movies.

Watched “You people” on Netflix . Just my opinion . But I though it was one of the worst movies in recent memory
It had some funny moments. I like the idea of a race-fueled Meet the Parents, but the execution could have been better.

How come?
This would take a while. But the simplest way to put it is for me the jokes were bad and the relationship between Akbar and his future son in law was not contentious enough. I realize it’s a comedy and not realistic drama. But that actually could have lent itself to more outrageous shenanigans

Tons of star power in You People is what made it a let down for me. Eddie Murphy, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Duchovny, Nia Long, all were great.

Jonah Hill as a RomCom lead was a bridge too far for me and I can't think of a role he's played that I disliked his performance.

Lauren London should get Oscar consideration for portraying a woman in love with the type of yutz he portrayed.

Tons of star power in You People is what made it a let down for me. Eddie Murphy, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Duchovny, Nia Long, all were great.

Jonah Hill as a RomCom lead was a bridge too far for me and I can't think of a role he's played that I disliked his performance.

Lauren London should get Oscar consideration for portraying a woman in love with the type of yutz he portrayed.
Didn’t this theme get done before with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac?

Nia Long... not ugly.

It was just so very fake and trying so hard to be woke. We get it. Fact is in real life, Eddie Murphys character stomps Jonah hills character in the face and disowns his daughter at the very thought of her marrying a Jewish person and that’s me being conservative.

That’s what he’s referring to. “Guess Who” is a remake.
Not that one, which I didn’t even realize was called that. (Who goes to Ashton Kutcher movies?) My reference was to the original .

Not that one, which I didn’t even realize was called that. (Who goes to Ashton Kutcher movies?) My reference was to the original .
Star Trek Reaction GIF

Trying to get through all of the best picture nominees. Have Women Talking, Fablemans and Elvis left out of the 10 and not particularly excited to spend time on any of them. My opinion:

Great: Banshees, All Quiet
Real Good: Triangle of Sadness(closer to great than fine), Everything Everwhere, Tar
Fine: Maverick, Avatar

A must see in 4G if a theater near you has it!

I dont recall a yr where i have seen less of the top contenders..

Watched top gun a few times..

you couldnt pay me to see Avatar

Almost pulled the trigger on all quiet last night. and with the pres address tonight might get it done.
Banshees and everything were on my list to go see in person but they never became available but still want to see them
I liked Elvis the kid was amazing.

Trying to get through all of the best picture nominees. Have Women Talking, Fablemans and Elvis left out of the 10 and not particularly excited to spend time on any of them. My opinion:

Great: Banshees, All Quiet
Real Good: Triangle of Sadness(closer to great than fine), Everything Everwhere, Tar
Fine: Maverick, Avatar
Wow! For me, I would have Top Gun and Avatar at the opposite ends of any list of best movies. Avatar just did not do it for me, story wise. The CG was great.

Wow! For me, I would have Top Gun and Avatar at the opposite ends of any list of best movies. Avatar just did not do it for me, story wise. The CG was great.
I have them both at the bottom because the ending of Top Gun was so damn ridiculous that it managed to knock down the nostalgia high I was on. Avatar main issue was it was so long that I just wanted it to end when there was still almost an hour left. Maybe it's a me issue but anything over 2.5 hours is too much and over 3 is offensive.

I have them both at the bottom because the ending of Top Gun was so damn ridiculous that it managed to knock down the nostalgia high I was on. Avatar main issue was it was so long that I just wanted it to end when there was still almost an hour left. Maybe it's a me issue but anything over 2.5 hours is too much and over 3 is offensive.
But Jennifer Connolly…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom