Movies that get better with repeat viewings | Syracusefan.com

Movies that get better with repeat viewings

jekelish

Living Legend
Ever see a movie and come away thinking, "yeah, that was pretty good" or "I guess that was okay" and then, after seeing it a second and then a third time, you start thinking, "holy crap, that was really good" and it becomes one of those movies you wind up watching whenever you stumble across it on TV?

I'm watching Apollo 13 right now, which is what prompted this. I always thought it was a good movie but I appreciate it more upon subsequent viewings. It's also a movie that is, on the surface, about how heroic the astronauts were, but every time I watch it I'm just blown away by what the people on the ground in Houston were able to do in order to get them home safely. The brilliant ingenuity involved is just remarkable to me.

But don't let that go to your head, SU2NASA

The Replacements.

I know.
Hey, I like The Replacements. And god knows it's on TBS and TNT enough to get a ton of rewatches in.

I have to say that for me, Hot Fuzz falls into this category as well. Don't get me wrong - I liked it when I saw it, but it was a little disappointing because Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie. But my appreciation has grown every time I watch it to the point where I love it now.

All of the Will Farrell movies. I pretty much dislike them the first time out, but they wear on you after repeated viewings and then get to be funny.

I whole heartedly agree. Step Brothers is probably the best example, at least in my case. Went from meh to amazing.

Also:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Evil Dead 2

I whole heartedly agree. Step Brothers is probably the best example, at least in my case. Went from meh to amazing.

Also:
Evil Dead 2
Step Brothers still makes me laugh simply because the theater experience was classic. Some old ladies sat in front of my wife and I and got up and walked out about 15 minutes in, and this dude had two 10 year olds with him and was covering their eyes and making them cover their ears pretty much every 30 seconds. Good parenting by that guy.

Also, Catalina Wine Mixer!

All of the Will Farrell movies. I pretty much dislike them the first time out, but they wear on you after repeated viewings and then get to be funny.

Agree with regards to Step Brothers. Didn't like it at all at first but now I think it's great.

This is likely the one movie I have seen over 50 times. I do believe I have the entire script committed to memory.

The Replacements.

I am a sucker for this flick. Brook Langton is quite the looker who did little major pics after it.

For myself, I would say the Big Lebowski counts. At first I thought it was stupid, now I can hardly go a week without dropping a reference.

since I am now all in with the Biz, I would have to say Apocolypse Now. It used to be just another war movie to me, now I see it as a masterpiece

Pulp Fiction and Caddyshack. Memento too.
For Mememto, use the scene select function and watch it in chronological order some time.

Grosse Pointe Blank was in heavy HBO rotation lately and I liked it more and more after not being particularly wowed at first years ago.

Since we've moved a little bit from the original topic of movies that were just okay at the start to ones that you'll repeatedly watch whenever they're on, Animal House belongs on the list.

Predator, Independence Day, Major league, and for some reason Someone to watch over me (which is really a chick movie), and god how could I forget Scarface.

For Mememto, use the scene select function and watch it in chronological order some time.

Grosse Pointe Blank was in heavy HBO rotation lately and I liked it more and more after not being particularly wowed at first years ago.

Since we've moved a little bit from the original topic of movies that were just okay at the start to ones that you'll repeatedly watch whenever they're on, Animal House belongs on the list.
Love GPB

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Shawshank Redemption

It needs to be on just about any good movie list, and I always finding myself watching it when it comes on.

Others that I watch repeatedly (not a complete list...I'll think of others I'm sure),
Die Hard (1, 2 & 3)
Bourne Movies (mentioned above)
Forest Gump
Cast Away
Twister
LA Confidential

Enjoying a promo with free Cinemax and HBO right now, last night I watched Varsity Blues. Seriously underrated movie. Ms. Davis! Besides a young Scott Caan as Tweeter, there is a very brief appearance by Jesse Plemons/Todd from Breaking Bad. I was very torn between watching that and Grosse Point Blank (as mentioned in heavy HBO rotation right now) but ended up pleased with my choice.

I got a weird one...fear.com. Never liked it when I first watched but I have become able to appreciate it more after every viewing. Creepy, freaky, weird movie.

Hocus pocus
Harry potter movies
Ghostbusters 1 2
The social network

That's what I got right meow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online