Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

I bought Shea Serrano's book Movies (And Other Things) and I know his favorite movie is Blood In, Blood Out so I will be watching that soon.

if the star was anyone but Sandler that movie would have been panned His performance distracted reviewers from the mess.
Are you saying he was good? I find the comedian to serious actor transition fascinating. Robin Williams, numerous times, but Jim Carey in the Truman Show and Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction were really good, IMO.

Are you saying he was good? I find the comedian to serious actor transition fascinating. Robin Williams, numerous times, but Jim Carey in the Truman Show and Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction were really good, IMO.
People don't realize that comedians can go serious because often the space inside a comedian's head is a dark, dark place and comedy as a creative outlet is often how they stay sane.

Apocalypto
Notes on a Scandal
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
Das Boot
Billy Elliot
Gallipoli
Day of the Jackal
Au revoir les Enfants
Empire of the Sun
Bad Education
Local Hero
Barry Lyndon

Last edited:
Dunkirk,
Glory,
Lawrence of Arabia,
Patton.

Movies about people heroically overcoming odds...even though some people die. The kind of stuff we need today. And they are all true stories

Glory has been one of my favorite movies since it's come out. My other favorites have changed, but it's always stayed with me. Love that movie.

Some others that I personally enjoy:
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Roadhouse
Point Break (original)
True Romance

I can watch all of them on loop.

Separately, my guilty pleasure of late 90s/early 00s romcoms:
10 Things I Hate About You
Can't Hardly Wait
She's All That

Glory has been one of my favorite movies since it's come out. My other favorites have changed, but it's always stayed with me. Love that movie.

Roadhouse
Point Break (original)
True Romance

Can't Hardly Wait
She's All That
You saw my She's All That commentary in the Brycen Goodine thread, I trust.

Roadhouse
Point Break (original)
True Romance

Can't Hardly Wait
She's All That
Glory is my absolute favorite all-time movie. I cry every time I watch it, but I keep coming back to it. A very important true story ... with wonderful acting performances by Denzell Washginton, Morgan Freeman and others.

Couple of good but odd and honestly disturbing movies:
The Invitation
Creep
Hereditary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online