Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Dances with Wolves

I was a pretty good baseball player, played in college, was recruited, etc. Never understood what people liked about Field of Dreams. Now that I've been a father for a few years, and my own father is about at the end, I really enjoy it.
I love the movie.. but still the book is just so much better

Agreed on Forest Gump, I can't even fathom what people enjoy about it. How do you win an Oscar for acting like an idiot - everyone perfects that at age 7. It's why almost 100% of the population can do a spot on Forest Gump imitation. Adam Sandler should have 10 Oscars if that's great acting.

Lost in Translation.

Atonement.

It's easy to say it's terrible. It's the entire premise of this thread. I'm not saying it wasn't a well-made film. I'm saying it's a dumb movie and, unlike most people, I didn't like it.
An idiot chases a drug addicted and diseased slut around for decades after being friend-zoned. Adam Sandler was a better football-playing moron in the Waterboy.
I came back to this thread solely to read this post again. Bravo.

Last edited:
Agreed on Forest Gump, I can't even fathom what people enjoy about it. How do you win an Oscar for acting like an idiot - everyone perfects that at age 7. It's why almost 100% of the population can do a spot on Forest Gump imitation. Adam Sandler should have 10 Oscars if that's great acting.

Lost in Translation.

Atonement.

Great call on Lost in Translation. Beautiful film and never gets old. Sandler is amazing in Punch Drunk Love...intense role.

Edit: Oops, too many bourbons. You didn't like Lost in Translation. My bad.

Last edited:
Did anyone realize the directors of the film, the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters? I don't mind what they do in their personal lives. Just found it interesting that both of them became transgendered.
Makes for better Hollywood funding.

The Big Lebowski is just not interesting to me at all.

"Boyhood." I get that making it was a major feat, but I just found it incredibly boring, with poor writing and lacking a perspective. I found myself really just not caring about the faux wisdom of a slacker teenage art school wannabe.

Obviously this is a "to each their own" thread, but I watched Boyhood today and absolutely loved it.

The Big Lebowski is just not interesting to me at all.
Obligatory response.
big-lebowski-opinion-man-large.jpg