Moving forward from the loss today... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Moving forward from the loss today...

Personally, as much as I love Tucker, I'd say Shrader has been our best player this season. And Gadsen. Tucker is also hurting from a couple of injuries and is not at full performance. Is he good, yes. Can he be great, yes. But we have not been winning by running him. 6-0 has been a similar combination to what we did today.
I think Gadsen was the best player on the field yesterday.

Clemson beat CUSE up physically yesterday. Time of poss. 34 min. to 26 min.
They ran 85 plays to CUSE's 54. Having said this- CUSE LOST THE GAME TO CLEMSON.
CUSE was a pump-fake to Gadsden and a throw to a wide open Jackson in the right corner of the endzone
from ending Clemson's home winstreak. Clemson gave us every opportunity (4 turnovers) to beat them.
Penalties and clock management/play calling beat CUSE. OK...bad day at the office. HOW DOES CUSE RESPOND?? A top 20 team wins this coming Saturday.

Clemson beat CUSE up physically yesterday. Time of poss. 34 min. to 26 min.
They ran 85 plays to CUSE's 54. Having said this- CUSE LOST THE GAME TO CLEMSON.
CUSE was a pump-fake to Gadsden and a throw to a wide open Jackson in the right corner of the endzone
from ending Clemson's home winstreak. Clemson gave us every opportunity (4 turnovers) to beat them.
Penalties and clock management/play calling beat CUSE. OK...bad day at the office. HOW DOES CUSE RESPOND?? A top 20 team wins this coming Saturday.
“a pump fake and a throw to jackson”

if it were only that easy. PlayStation nation is alive and well. Seriously.

“a pump fake and a throw to jackson”

if it were only that easy. PlayStation nation is alive and well. Seriously.
I would like to see the replay of that play. The screen shot I've seen shows him open, but was the defender in position to react to the throw and recover? Innthe screen shot had he reacted to the throw to Gadsden making it look like Jackson was more open than he was?

I’m not moving forward from this one for a while.. we just let the biggest game of this century slip away from us, what could’ve been a program changing win that gave us a shot at the ACC championship and even playoff. And to blow yet another one to Clemson in Death Valley… so much pain

Do we finally get respect putting Clemson against the ropes in Death Valley until the last drive? Do we drop in the polls? Do we get gameday? Do we beat the lowly Irish by 3 TDs?
We lost...we drop. It's that simple. I'd guess 18-21

If we do it won’t be much. Clemson is a media favorite.

Yes. We should, but not much. Hopefully we stay in the top 20 but that will depend on how other teams do. Example: If #9 UCLA gets blown out by #10 Oregon, will UCLA drop below us?

No. And I don’t know if I ever want those guys on campus. They made some politically correct comments today, but in general they don’t seem to respect Syracuse.

I’d rather have ACC The Huddle on campus.

Probably not. 21 points is a huge spread.

Although they’re inconsistent, ND is still a talented team. Their O-line is still good. I think they will attack our weakest position and try to beat us up and wear us down with a run game like Clemson did.
I would pass on the Huddle. Reicht said that SU got all the breaks during the game and Clemson still was able to win. Did not know forcing turn overs was getting breaks or the officiating clearly favoring one side in the second half. ACC network still is going to favor certain teams.

We're going to get more respect when we beat their ass next year in the dome.
Probably will not play them for four years with the new format. Even when we do it will be in Death Valley. ACC does not want them to loose.

I would like to see the replay of that play. The screen shot I've seen shows him open, but was the defender in position to react to the throw and recover? Innthe screen shot had he reacted to the throw to Gadsden making it look like Jackson was more open than he was?
Yes, jackson was not as open as the screenshot made it look, but if shrader floats one to the back corner of the end zone, as long as Jackson can haul it in(BIG IF). I’d still be drinking and not just waking up hungover as hell right now.

Probably will not play them for four years with the new format. Even when we do it will be in Death Valley. ACC does not want them to loose.
there on the schedule next year in the dome

Reicht said that SU got all the breaks during the game and Clemson still was able to win. Did not know forcing turn overs was getting breaks or the officiating clearly favoring one side in the second half.
The next time Reicht shows any respect for SU football will be the first.

The next time Reicht shows any respect for SU football will be the first.
im going to ignore that because of what he is going through physically

im going to ignore that because of what he is going through physically
I think his attitude toward SU goes back to when he started working on the ACC channel in 2019. He never liked SU.

Plus, if someone decides to make their living doling out criticism, they should expect to get criticized in return.

I think his attitude toward SU goes back to when he started working on the ACC channel in 2019. He never liked SU.

Plus, if someone decides to make their living doling out criticism, they should expect to get criticized in return.
he has parkinsons disease and im sure is heavily medicated

So not running the ball at all (when our best player is RB) and waiting 25 seconds to call a timeout didn’t cost us the game?
There was enough time on the clock to win. A bad decision by Garrett(based on great faith in Gadsen) ended the game.

we should of went back to the tucker wheel route play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom