Moving next week | Syracusefan.com

Moving next week

Killdozer

Starter
to Wilmington NC and was wondering if anyone is aware of any Cuse gatherings for games? I have season football tics that I am keeping but will obviously not make all games. Thanks in advance for any info.

to Wilmington NC and was wondering if anyone is aware of any Cuse gatherings for games? I have season football tics that I am keeping but will obviously not make all games. Thanks in advance for any info.

Congrats, I've lived in the area for over 10 years now myself. Not being an alumni of SU and privy to internal communications, I haven't encountered a strong presence of any official gatherings at typical places like Buffalo Wild Wings. Any time I've been to various sports bars to watch a game, any interaction with fellow fans has typically been limited, and even dare say singular, if any at all. This is not necessarily a bad light for Cuse, since my interaction with opposing fans is limited also, such as with vaunted fan bases like Clemson, Florida state, and Maryland, and Penn State. Wake forest is 3.5 hours away, NITState is 2 hours away, and those games alternate for football. Clemson is 4-5 hours, and is currently the same year as WF. UVa is 6 hrs away, but the next football game there is long time coming. UNC and Duke are negligible distances from NITState.

image.jpeg

Represented last week up on Topsail Beach. Lucky to not have it become airborne.

Maybe these guys can help you out.

SU Alumni Club of Charlotte
Dana Lucas '06
charlotteorange.org

SU Alumni Club of Raleigh
Emily Becker '13
elbecker13@gmail.com

Backyard Bistro in Raleigh has held a couple Syracuse gatherings for basketball, as well as Tobacco Road Sports Cafe in Durham. Not sure about Wilmington.

There is plenty of Orange in NC. You won't have to look too hard. On the contrary, if you don't watch your step you will practically trip over us.

wish i was there --great place --w/o hurricanes---however will trade snow and earlier spring for that!!!

Thanks to everyone for the info. I am looking forward to my move but kind of sad that I will miss some home games. Haven't missed a home game in a long time. Anyway hope to make some friends down here that I can convert over;)

Thanks to everyone for the info. I am looking forward to my move but kind of sad that I will miss some home games. Haven't missed a home game in a long time. Anyway hope to make some friends down here that I can convert over;)
That's one of the places my wife and I are looking into when we move in a few years.

Currently live in Charlotte that has a bit of an Orange presence. If you're ever in the Queen City please let us know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom