MSU v Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MSU v Syracuse

We're not beating sparty. Our worst possible 2nd round matchup. But who cares, we're in and lets enjoy it and just focus on dayton.

Bilas just said Michigan State is best shooting AND rebounding team in the country.

Well that sounds fun since we don't guard anyone and can't rebound.

The NCAA Boeheimed us with a possible 2nd round contest against a team that deserves Virginia's fraudulent 1 seed. Basically instead of a 16th seed in rd 1, we've got that match up in round 2. I'm still stoked these guys have a fighting chance though, as they showed against a good opponent in Chapel Hill during the "meltdown". Better to go down swinging than being relegated to basketball's version of the "OT board".

Matchups are really everything. SU/Dayton is a coin flip. Dayton could very well lose to SU but is a potential tough game for MSU, imo. However, MSU is an absolute nightmare matchup for SU. That probably gets ugly.

Matchups are really everything. SU/Dayton is a coin flip. Dayton could very well lose to SU but is a potential tough game for MSU, imo. However, MSU is an absolute nightmare matchup for SU. That probably gets ugly.

If they get there I'm thinking a 2001 Kansas style 2nd round blowout

If they get there I'm thinking a 2001 Kansas style 2nd round blowout

Agreed. I could see Valentine having a triple-double, the Forbes kid hitting like seven 3s, and Costello having a double-double.

I'm just going to enjoy this week. If SU somehow gets past Dayton...

2e6d1a58bf9bb7b07446a4551996590958c85b95ccbf99fc0b3ca2af55b31e70.jpg

Keep in mind Boeheim is 3-0 vs. Izzo since the NCAA loss.

Keep in mind Boeheim hasn't actually played Izzo, he usually has a more formidable crew backing him.

I know Michigan State is good, but man the bottom of the Big 10 was garbage this year...

i fully expect syracuse to bodybag dayton and MSU in an unprecedented run to the title game where we shock the world

...Well it won't be in Auburn Hills. ;)
Wouldn't this matchup be the SWC classic?

I know your Orange thru and thru but isn't Michigan State your 2nd team?

Anybody know a good Spartan board? I would love to read there thoughts on Dayton/Syracuse 2nd round matchup.

If we are lucky enough to beat Dayton what scares me is Michigan State is a good version of Pitt.

They are tough, can rebound, and actually can make shots.

We would need Tyler Roberson to pull a Rick Jackson to have a chance.

Izzo's the best coach in the country. Can't stand watching them. But have immense respect for that program. I'll be stunned if they don't make the FF.

I'm just happy we are in the door. It's all fun from here. Well, I'll still yell at the TV and scare the dog - that's unavoidable.

SoBeCuse said:
Agreed. I could see Valentine having a triple-double, the Forbes kid hitting like seven 3s, and Costello having a double-double.
I could actually see him get a double-triple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom