Much Ado About Very Little... | Syracusefan.com

Much Ado About Very Little...

SUMBA

2nd String
Ok, I get that ESPN wants to create controversy to get ratings. The goaltend was clearly a missed call. However, it would have only tied the game with 10.1 seconds to play. We would have had the last shot to win with the worst case overtime. ESPN does not know how that would have played out.

No one mentions the great open field tackle on Joseph to give WVU the ball back after it went out of bounds with 6.2 seconds left. That missed call was much more obvious than the goaltend and should have had KJ at the line to ice the game.

Also, Keita clearly fouled the WVU kid on their last possession and it was not called. This would have had them at the line shooting 2 for the tie. Again, our worst case would have been overtime. Instead, the no call resulted in WVU getting a good look for a trey and the win. It worked out for us because he missed but if it had gone in.....

We got a break on the no call. They got a break on the next one and arguably a chance for the win on the next no call.

Only one thing to say: 22-1

Haha, honestly at the time I was hoping they called a goaltend because I knew they would shoot a three to try and win it and I wanted someone for us to hit a game winner to make the media put that whole "they dont have a dude" theory to rest.

When you're 22-1 people are gonna take as many shots at you as they can (unless your UK).

When you're 22-1 people are gonna take as many shots at you as they can (unless your UK).
Lol right? UK had trouble with a terrible Alabama squad last week but no mention of that. WVU is much, much better than Alabama.

Also, Keita clearly fouled the WVU kid on their last possession and it was not called.

He should have taken the shot. Would have at least gotten a call, maybe a +1. I don't think Baye was going after that one on the heels of the goaltend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom