MUM | Syracusefan.com

MUM

B

BillSU

MUM… It does not seem strange that DB is not speaking about ED’s injury. Why should he give out that information if indeed it exists? If ED did what I thought I saw him do during the game at the Rent his follow through on a pass extended his arm and hand forward and met the helmet of a defender. His fingers met a very hard surface and that was why he was shaking his hand. Being a QB a long time ago this injury hurts a lot. It could be numbness in his index and other fingers important for throwing or worse a sprain or broken first knuckle leaving him unable to grasp the ball tightly enough to throw it. If he has been at practice throwing then there is not too much to worry about. If not, then there is and we are looking at another starting QB. Let’s hope, we are not - Dungey has been just fine.

The first time I saw him do it this year was in the dome so I think he did it again and reagravatted it

Every player is hurt. It's just the nature of the sport. It's the severity of the injury and the tolerance for pain that we need to worry about. And we know that Dungey is a tough dude.

MUM… It does not seem strange that DB is not speaking about ED’s injury. Why should he give out that information if indeed it exists? If ED did what I thought I saw him do during the game at the Rent his follow through on a pass extended his arm and hand forward and met the helmet of a defender. His fingers met a very hard surface and that was why he was shaking his hand. Being a QB a long time ago this injury hurts a lot. It could be numbness in his index and other fingers important for throwing or worse a sprain or broken first knuckle leaving him unable to grasp the ball tightly enough to throw it. If he has been at practice throwing then there is not too much to worry about. If not, then there is and we are looking at another starting QB. Let’s hope, we are not - Dungey has been just fine.

Exactly - I was a HS QB and broke the index finger on my throwing hand by hitting a defenders helmet following thru. Hopefully he's fine , if that's what you saw.

he also used the same hand to high five everyone on the field when he scored the last TD .

So now we know when the injury occurred.

Keeping all this in the back of the minds of ND's rearranged defensive staff isn't the worst idea. Although I bet their prep this week was more about back to basics than anything else. We need to figure out how to tackle a human, rush a passer, cover a receiver before we worry too much about a specific gameplan.

I heard his left leg fell off at the end of practice on Tuesday. They were able to screw it back on right away, but there is some residual looseness they are concerned about. The doctors applied RTV blue to it, so hopefully, this will work. I understand they will re-evaluate tomorrow morning.

Disclaimer: this is completely fictitious

I heard his left leg fell off at the end of practice on Tuesday. They were able to screw it back on right away, but there is some residual looseness they are concerned about. The doctors applied RTV blue to it, so hopefully, this will work. I understand they will re-evaluate tomorrow morning.

Disclaimer: this is completely fictitious

picture-blackknight_montypythongrail.jpg

What's Dungey gonna do, bleed on the Irish?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom