MVPs vs. Wake Forest - Pick 3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MVPs vs. Wake Forest - Pick 3

I didn't get to see the whole game, so I couldn't "tee" any posts in endorsement other than yours for your effort. Took me a moment to get the "Phantom", and Hughes has the potential to give me flashbacks. I almost posted the other Buddy doll in the game thread tonight after that fast break layup. Kudos to you, sir!
Ha, thanks! I can't take credit for that one either. Someone posted the Goodine reference in the game thread and I nearly lost it :)

Goodine
3lijah
Candyman Q
Q has really come into his own, amazing progression. Early season, started hoisting threes up. Credit to the staff to explain their expectations, cause he really gets it now - attacking in the paint, and this is not the first game he did his work at the foul line. He's rebounding, being really physical and adds that dimension we need. I love Q's game right now. Also, the invisible high fives at the stripe - kid's friggin awesome.

I had a tough time deciding on 3... Several did a few things well, but made terrible mistakes as well. i.e. Marek and Q made some great plays, but they were offset with some really dumb fouls.

Here's mine:
Buddy - shot really well in the first half, but got as many rebounds as a dead guy!
Eli - made some nice plays on offense and rebounded well... not incredibly efficient.
Edwards - made a few nice plays on defense and hit a big FT.
Honorable mention - Goodine... right place at the right time for the crucial layup.

Q has really come into his own, amazing progression. Early season, started hoisting threes up. Credit to the staff to explain their expectations, cause he really gets it now - attacking in the paint, and this is not the first game he did his work at the foul line. He's rebounding, being really physical and adds that dimension we need. I love Q's game right now. Also, the invisible high fives at the stripe - kid's friggin awesome.
The next Rak, but better

What a nerve wracking, bizarre game. If you asked me with 5 minutes to go, I would have thought it would have totally slipped out of reach. So glad we came away with a "W"

Back to the 3 MVPs

1 - Quincy - I know he couldn't stay on the court, but loved what he did when he was out there. Plus he is nearly automatic from the line. He's earned a spot in the crunch time lineup

2 - Buddy - wasn't his best game ever, but he put up a bunch of points

3 - Goodine - like Hak said, you make the clinching shot, you get MVP status. Love how the team rallied around it after he made the play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom