My 50th Anniversary Season! | Syracusefan.com

My 50th Anniversary Season!

billorange44

2nd String
I don't post to much, but I thought this was worthy. I just bought season tickets after taking last season off. I did attend the Northwestern and Louisville games though. I figured I had better buy my season tickets with the move to the ACC and with this being my 50th anniversary ( September 21, 1963 vs Boston College) of attending these games.

My biggest reason though, for purchasing them is because of my grandson. I took him to the BC game a few years ago. He was 4 at the time. Back in July, I was visiting him in Liverpool and he begged me to throw his football around with him in his back yard. He said he wanted me to teach him about football because his dad didn't know anything about it and I used to play football in high school. He now has a football at his house and I bought one for my house so when he comes up we can play. He has quite an arm for a 6 year old and he can throw a pretty tight spiral.

So, I also purchased a season ticket for him. He may or may not want to go to all the games, but it really doesn't matter, but it does matter that he knows he has one and that his grandpa will pick him up in Liverpool on my way to the games.

It's good for me too as most of the old gang I had season tickets with have other commitments and no longer have season tickets and I needed a new tailgate/ game buddy. My grandson, Boo as I call him, always says that when he and grandpa do things we are manning up. Now we can man up at the Dome. What a way to start my second 50 years of SU Football! 50 years from now, I hope Boo will remember this season, with his grandpa like I remember the past 50! GIVE 'EM HELL ORANGE!!!!

Great post, bill! Glad to hear you're grooming a future FB star and Orange fan. Pat yourself on the back! And congrats on your 50th anniversary.

I don't post to much, but I thought this was worthy. I just bought season tickets after taking last season off. I did attend the Northwestern and Louisville games though. I figured I had better buy my season tickets with the move to the ACC and with this being my 50th anniversary ( September 21, 1963 vs Boston College) of attending these games.

My biggest reason though, for purchasing them is because of my grandson. I took him to the BC game a few years ago. He was 4 at the time. Back in July, I was visiting him in Liverpool and he begged me to throw his football around with him in his back yard. He said he wanted me to teach him about football because his dad didn't know anything about it and I used to play football in high school. He now has a football at his house and I bought one for my house so when he comes up we can play. He has quite an arm for a 6 year old and he can throw a pretty tight spiral.

So, I also purchased a season ticket for him. He may or may not want to go to all the games, but it really doesn't matter, but it does matter that he knows he has one and that his grandpa will pick him up in Liverpool on my way to the games.

It's good for me too as most of the old gang I had season tickets with have other commitments and no longer have season tickets and I needed a new tailgate/ game buddy. My grandson, Boo as I call him, always says that when he and grandpa do things we are manning up. Now we can man up at the Dome. What a way to start my second 50 years of SU Football! 50 years from now, I hope Boo will remember this season, with his grandpa like I remember the past 50! GIVE 'EM HELL ORANGE!!!!
this is great.

your grandson is not robbed of enjoying football and your son can continue to rake his leaves ;)

enjoy!!

Absolutely love it. Make sure you get him a Lax stick too

I think it's great that your grandson attended that particular game and still wants to go back. I have a feeling my starry eyed 4 year old would have been begging to play a game on my iPhone instead of watch BC run their 3rd and 7 plays.

Great post Bill and I lift a glass of oj to you and your grandkids and that you'll see a national champion orange football team together!