My codolences, Syracuse. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My codolences, Syracuse.

I think both calls were correctly made. That was a charge by CJ and it was not a foul by Xmas on the blocked dunk at the dome. The biggest issue I have is that there was inconsistency in this game: they called Mike G for a block on an identical play earlier and reversed the call on CJ.

It is a fact of life that home teams get some calls, especially in the ACC. We were aware of this going in. Shoot 41% and you win, ya know?

Except under the new rules, as ESPN showed, it was a block. Last year it was a charge, but this year it's a block.

This is how rivalries start. We will never be Duke/UNC - but I think Syracuse and Louisville (and Pitt to a lesser extent) are going to make the ACC a lot of fun. And you don't have to play a team 100+ times to be rivals. Except for NC State. They will never our rival, just something to swat away.

That is states role in life, a bug that bites and is irritating... until you crush it. :D

Louisville and Syracuse bring something the ACC needs, and that being a team(s) to actually challenge UNC-dook-random ACC challenger for the year.

This is how rivalries start. We will never be Duke/UNC - but I think Syracuse and Louisville (and Pitt to a lesser extent) are going to make the ACC a lot of fun. And you don't have to play a team 100+ times to be rivals. Except for NC State. They will never our rival, just something to swat away.

Agreed. So thrilled to have you in the conference. Ideally we would all be talking about Cuse beating Duke tonight, but this still beats talking about freaking Wichita State. I've always liked your coach, but I like him 100 times more after tonight. Hope to see him for many years to come, unless he's on the opposing bench. He seems to have our number!

Total screw job by refs on you tonight. Unbelievable.

On the other hand, now you are in the ACC, now you are one of us... you have had a game taken from you and given to dook by the refs.

UNC players, fans, writers, all over twitter talking about how you just got shafted.
LOL. No way any UNC fan can come over here and cry crocodile tears about officiating. NO WAY. Your school is one of the two favorite sons in the All Carolina Conference where you have been gifted dozens of games over the years. True, no one benefits more than dook, but you have loads of Ws that were earned on the backs of the zebras. The ACC stands out as the worst and most blatantly unfairly officiated conference in the country.

I think both calls were correctly made. That was a charge by CJ and it was not a foul by Xmas on the blocked dunk at the dome. The biggest issue I have is that there was inconsistency in this game: they called Mike G for a block on an identical play earlier and reversed the call on CJ.

It is a fact of life that home teams get some calls, especially in the ACC. We were aware of this going in. Shoot 41% and you win, ya know?
shoot 100% and win. But thats not what happened this game.

a bad call that effected the outcome DID happen.

Dude should never officiate a high major game again.

If i take a huge shitt on a client report and hand it to them... i get fired. what are we teaching the kids if this dude is still employed.

LOL. No way any UNC fan can come over here and cry crocodile tears about officiating. NO WAY. Your school is one of the two favorite sons in the All Carolina Conference where you have been gifted dozens of games over the years. True, no one benefits more than dook, but you have loads of Ws that were earned on the backs of the zebras. The ACC stands out as the worst and most blatantly unfairly officiated conference in the country.

Interesting first post.

Speaking of state fans...

A photo has surfaced of Fair actually standing out of bounds upon catching the pass. The refs kept the possession alive for us by blowing a call.
I thought I saw that!

Christmas got fouled also on his late dunk, it's why he held his arms up and stared at the ref for a moment...another no call for the Dookies. :mad:

I forgot about that one - I agree that was a horrendous missed call. He was forearmed in the waist while he was dunking.

CBBFAN said:
A photo has surfaced of Fair actually standing out of bounds upon catching the pass. The refs kept the possession alive for us by blowing a call.

No there hasn't. Would you dookies keep that weak crap out of here? There is no such pic. What you tools are passing around in every Internet site is a still photo that has been proven to not show anything when compared to the video.

The Ride of the Valkyries, maybe?

Well it had to happen. JB just let it be known; the ACC refs that home cooking will get you in the papers.
He will be punIshed but the message is out - there will be consequences!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom