My elementary school | Syracusefan.com

My elementary school

I think I have PTSD. I read the title and my first thoughts flashed back to my daughter's SU day misfire.

Takes me back to Damien Rhodes showing up at my middle school. Some other guys - linemen, I think - were there, too. It was funny because they were introduced to normal applause and then when Rhodes was introduced the applause and cheers were drastically louder. The linemen, who could have gone pro for all I know, took it in stride, as linemen do.

I remember standing next to Floyd Little when he came to my high school.

That is so cool that three guys came to Fremont Elementary.

Before we moved to Michigan, Derrick Coleman was supposed to come to my sons’ elementary school for a reading event.

He never showed up.

I think it was LeRon Ellis who came to Minoa elementary school when I was there. I had a picture of the team signed by at least some of the players. Fat tire 13 probably remembers better than I fo

I remember standing next to Floyd Little when he came to my high school.

That is so cool that three guys came to Fremont Elementary.

Before we moved to Michigan, Derrick Coleman was supposed to come to my sons’ elementary school for a reading event.

He never showed up.
Honestly, I have vague recollections of Hal Cohen and Marty Headd making a similar visit to Fremont Elementary when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade there. We deffo had a cuse players visit...

I love it when players get immersed in the community. When the SU recruit put off making his announcement until he could do from a grammar school it is touching.

Takes me back to Damien Rhodes showing up at my middle school. Some other guys - linemen, I think - were there, too. It was funny because they were introduced to normal applause and then when Rhodes was introduced the applause and cheers were drastically louder. The linemen, who could have gone pro for all I know, took it in stride, as linemen do.
That makes me feel older than I already do. I worked with Damien's mom when he was about in middle school. I had him running around selling March Madness board squares. He came from a fantastic family.

I got Sherman Douglas’s autograph when I was 6.

Unfortunately, don’t have a Danny Schayes autograph though.

I sat next to Danny Schayes and his family a few years ago at a game... I asked him why he was in the cheap seats with us. He said he bought the tix online and didn't want to bother the athletic department or JB for comps.

Here's the scary part... I was the ONLY fan in our section that even talked to him - I don't think anyone else recognized him (or if they did, they were mum or didn't care.)

schayes.jpg

Jim Nance, Genesee Hills - I got his autograph and thought, what I'm I going to do with this autograph; never asked for another one.

Had some FB players come out to my son’s class to talk school, time mgt, and go outside and throw a FB around. Kids loved it.

I sat next to Danny Schayes and his family a few years ago at a game... I asked him why he was in the cheap seats with us. He said he bought the tix online and didn't want to bother the athletic department or JB for comps.

Here's the scary part... I was the ONLY fan in our section that even talked to him - I don't think anyone else recognized him (or if they did, they were mum or didn't care.)

schayes.jpg
That's great. But do you have Dolph's autograph? Only few superfans can claim that.

That's great. But do you have Dolph's autograph? Only few superfans can claim that.

No, but I have one of his halftime cigarette butts in a hermetically sealed jar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom