My favorite comment regarding Mark Coyle leaving... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My favorite comment regarding Mark Coyle leaving...

I don't think it reflects on SU as much as on Coyle. SU is a good gig and trending upward. Coyle behaved poorly at the end and traded off most of his credibility. If he didn't want to be here it's better that he leave, but a graceful exit would have served everyone better.
I agree, but it's punch in the gut for a U trying to turn things around. He was supposed to be part of a new direcction for the athletic department post-NCAA sanctions. That's what hurts most. He turned his back on us at a very awkward time for a bigger paycheck, while preaching "truth" and "stability". Ironically, those are the same platitudes he was spewing at UM yesterday. The only thing that explains such bizarre behavior to me is someone with his own "stability" issues.

I don't think it reflects on SU as much as on Coyle. SU is a good gig and trending upward. Coyle behaved poorly at the end and traded off most of his credibility. If he didn't want to be here it's better that he leave, but a graceful exit would have served everyone better.
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in...n_be_found_in_his_gophers.html#incart_m-rpt-1

One thing that hasn't bothered me at all is whether or not Minnesota has a better athletic program than Syracuse's. Minnesota is paying him a base salary of $850,000 plus a ton of perks. He might have left for Cortland State if they offered him that kind of money.

Reactions: cto
And after chasing money and urinating all over the institution to which he promised to bring "trust" and "stability", he blew off the frigging ACC meeting this morning. Hey, Mark ... hows the network coming?

Along with blindsiding the coaches, that part really bothers me also. It's just great to look like a clown show among your conference peers.

Along with blindsiding the coaches, that part really bothers me also. It's just great to look like a clown show among your conference peers.
The whole fiasco just has me shaking my head. We need to pick ourselves up, name an acting AD, get a search going asap and find someone without "truth" or "stability" issues.

I agree, but it's punch in the gut for a U trying to turn things around. He was supposed to be part of a new direcction for the athletic department post-NCAA sanctions. That's what hurts most. He turned his back on us at a very awkward time for a bigger paycheck, while preaching "truth" and "stability". Ironically, those are the same platitudes he was spewing at UM yesterday. The only thing that explains such bizarre behavior to me is someone with his own "stability" issues.
He's very disappointing and not the guy I hoped, but SU athletic programs are healthy and robust. In my view, those who accept key positions have a greater commitment to the role and a responsibility to depart with grace. He failed. He may have a position he's coveted, but his rep took a big hit. I feel the worst for those he convinced to move from Idaho to Syracuse, who now are left marooned. He may ask them to move again, but it seems like it would be a hard sell. He left them with poor options...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom