My Questions for tomorrow night's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tomorrow night's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Coach Babers’s Show will be at the new Marriott Syracuse, (the former Hotel Syracuse). The first show will be Wednesday night at 7PM because the game is Friday, (the show will normally be two days before the next game). They will be in Shaughnessy’s Irish Pub, which can be accessed from the street.

This article contains the schedule:
http://cuse.com/news/2016/8/30/football-dino-babers-radio-show-debuts-wednesday.aspx

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse)99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: WGVA

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: #AskDino hashtag on Twitter
Or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

(For the moment, I assume they want us to submit it to the “Scott Shafer Show”)

My Question(s)

“Coach I was impressed with your offense but more impressed with your defense, particularly the tackling. I read an article and saw a video about how you and Coach Ward are employing the concepts used by Pete Carroll in Seattle, which he calls “hawk tacking”. It’s based on rugby and emphasizes use of the shoulder rather than the head and gaining control of the ball carrier over knocking him off his feet. Could this be at least a partial answer to the problems American football is having with concussions?”

Good question-I'm surprised more people here don't call the show. It's pretty easy and I think it also shows Coach Babers some support.

Coach, syracusefan.com wants to know if you'll be here two years from now? We seem to have this irrational fear that you will bolt to Baylor, USC or the next high-profile job. You know, the same way Marrone and, um, ummmm..., well, Marrone bolted for the NFL.

315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873

my question still is. can they have 2 more chain gangs for home games to speed up spotting of the ball.

I'm not going to be able to call in, but I'm curious about two things related to this:

1. What did he think of the refs stopping Dungey from hiking the ball. Has he seen that before and how does he get around it?
2. What did he think of the motorcycle crashing, secretary loving, job jumper's comments about the legality of it all?

Can send it in at this link
I'm not going to be able to call in, but I'm curious about two things related to this:

1. What did he think of the refs stopping Dungey from hiking the ball. Has he seen that before and how does he get around it?
2. What did he think of the motorcycle crashing, secretary loving, job jumper's comments about the legality of it all?

How tweaks will the OL make to prepare for an aggressive / attacking Louisville DL?

Can send it in at this link

I should have seen that from SWC's post as well.

I went ahead and submitted it, without the colorful description of Petrino.

Funny that I had to submit it to the Scott Shafer show. And once I submitted, I got this message "Your question may be answered on the AmeriCU Jim Boeheim show Thursday nights. Stop by to find out".

I'm kinda hoping JB is the one to answer the Petrino part.

JB's answer would be something like "I'll bet that guy likes Italian restaurants too."

interesting results on my question. I have got slightly different answers from the head of the NCAA rules committee and the head of USA football rules. I have asked both for more clarity and to explain where the actually rule is stated as I can not find anything other than a guideline of what needs to be done not what actually can be done.

that is hilarious, I'm choking on my scotch up in here :rolling:

In an interview with Dungey last night, OX posted it in yesterdays articles, he said that had something to do with a new rule...isn't there always one...but he didn't seem to know exactly what the rule was.
And was that an ACC crew or a Patriot League crew working the Colgate game?

They expected to be at Shaughnessey's, according to last week's show.

My Question(s)

“Coach I was impressed with your offense but more impressed with your defense, particularly the tackling. I read an article and saw a video about how you and Coach Ward are employing the concepts used by Pete Carroll in Seattle, which he calls “hawk tacking”. It’s based on rugby and emphasizes use of the shoulder rather than the head and gaining control of the ball carrier over knocking him off his feet. Could this be at least a partial answer to the problems American football is having with concussions?”

Great question SWC. Anything to reduce concussion potential. Plus, I always wondered why the defense often thinks it can just hit someone to make the tackle (often they just bounce off) vs. using the hawk tackling and arms to bring the offensive player down as you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom