My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS
(Some years they have started out just with an hour show and later shifted to a two hour show. I came up with two questions and sent in the first, which is the question I always like to begin the year with. If it’s a two hour show, I’ll ask the second in the second hour.)

Apparently they are going to have a Jim Boeheim Show during his suspension. I avoided any questions about the games being played during the suspension.

First hour:

“Coach, we keep looking for ways to attack the defense when the three pointers aren’t falling. I notice we seem to have no intermediate target for passes. We either shoot from outside, drive to the basket from the outside or try to pass to someone in the paint. Couldn’t we put someone, say Tyler Lydon, in the high post and have him shoot, pass or drive to the basket from there? Teams seem to have success against us when they get the ball into the high post.”

Second hour: (if they have one):

“Coach, I was looking at a list of Syracuse football players who have played in the Super Bowl. There have been 28 of them. I decided to see how many Syracuse basketball players have played in the NBA Finals. There have been three: Billy Gabor played in the 1950 and 1954 finals against the Lakers and scored 52 points in 9 games. Our former police chief, Dennis DuVal, who played 1 game in the 1975 finals as his Bullets were swept by the Warriors and scored 2 points and Marty Byrnes, who played 1 games for the Lakers against the Sixers in 1980, and didn't score.

With all the success we’ve had in basketball over the years, this is surprising. Is there some reason that our former players don’t wind up playing on teams good enough to play for the NBA title?”

should be one of the more interesting ones. will be interesting to see/hear how forthcoming he is on what ails the team

Really like the first question, SWC! The second one is too intellectual for me. :rolleyes:

But your writing is sooo good. Seriously it is.

Steve gets better answers than anyone in the local media. Go get him Steve.

Great question for JB this week, but you may get the kind of response he usually reserves for student reporters.

Another thread brought this question to mind: What does Boeheim think of sports psychologists and has he or would he ever use one for the team or a player? (We've talked about numerous players seeming to lack confidence for no good reason and even rather uncharitably called a few head cases).

Another thread brought this question to mind: What does Boeheim think of sports psychologists and has he or would he ever use one for the team or a player? (We've talked about numerous players seeming to lack confidence for no good reason and even rather uncharitably called a few head cases).

I asked that once. Jim said that he was the sports psychologist for his team. End of discussion.

SWC75 said:
I asked that once. Jim said that he was the sports psychologist for his team. End of discussion.

There is a team psychologist, or at least that used to be his job. He still to this day sits a couple rows behind the bench. You can see him in most game pictures that show the bench.

Not surprising. Perhaps Hopkins as HC will be more open minded.

There is a team psychologist, or at least that used to be his job. He still to this day sits a couple rows behind the bench. You can see him in most game pictures that show the bench.
I guess that could be true too but something JB prefers not to discuss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom