My Questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

(The show is on Tuesday this week as there is a game Thursday.)

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First hour:

Coach, freshmen often do well in the pre-conference season but then slump once conference play begins. That seems to have been the case with Tyler Lydon, who attempted one shot in 26 minutes against Virginia. But it doesn’t seem to be happening with Malachi Richardson, who has been playing very well. Why did they got in different direction and what can be done to get Tyler back in the flow of the offense?

Second hour:

Coach, in the Duke game. We got 26 offensive rebounds and Duke got 18 of them. In the Virginia game we got 9 offensive rebounds and Virginia had only 4. What makes a game the type that produces a lot of offensive rebounds while in another game there are very few? Is it something as simple as one player deciding he’s going to go after offensive rebounds and his teammates join him and then the other team decides they’d better do it, too?

Not on 99.5.

GMAC has a regular Tuesday night show which is on 97.7. JB's on 99.5 and 1200 AM

I see, weird its heading is the JB show, so thought he was filling in

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

(The show is on Tuesday this week as there is a game Thursday.)

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First hour:

Coach, freshmen often do well in the pre-conference season but then slump once conference play begins. That seems to have been the case with Tyler Lydon, who attempted one shot in 26 minutes against Virginia. But it doesn’t seem to be happening with Malachi Richardson, who has been playing very well. Why did they got in different direction and what can be done to get Tyler back in the flow of the offense?

Second hour:

Coach, in the Duke game. We got 26 offensive rebounds and Duke got 18 of them. In the Virginia game we got 9 offensive rebounds and Virginia had only 4. What makes a game the type that produces a lot of offensive rebounds while in another game there are very few? Is it something as simple as one player deciding he’s going to go after offensive rebounds and his teammates join him and then the other team decides they’d better do it, too?

SWC, those are both very fine questions! The second is asking him about group psychology and I doubt he'll answer in depth. I imagine him saying something like, "I don't know. It's a mystery." (Shakespeare in Love)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom