My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I really like Howard. It's only one game but it can't be understated that he might have played in the toughest high school league in the country. I will take a kid from the DMV any day of the week.
We'll see how he plays in the coming weeks. But if last night was any indication, he'll be eating some of KJ's minutes and maybe even providing enough stability at the point so that G can play his (more natural) position at SF. So I'm watching to see how that lineup does: FH/TC up top, G at the 3, TR/DC at the 4 and 5.

Who did we get out of New York City recently? Chris McCullough. He played in the same league Lydon did at Brewster, before he transferred to IMG. New York City basketball isn't what it used to be. We get nobody directly from the city anymore. We're also recruiting Taurean Thompson who played at Brewster

Even Melo went to Oak Hill Academy.
You can recruit kids out of the city, but there's a list of 25 handlers and posse members ... who will give you a form letter that says: "This recruit is evaluating his options and get back to you in the spring with his decision".

You can recruit kids out of the city, but there's a list of 25 handlers and posse members ... who will give you a form letter that says: "This recruit is evaluating his options and get back to you in the spring with his decision".

Yeah i just didn't get the posts saying Lydon didn't play in a tough league. Syracuse's footprint is all over that league in recruiting circles. NYC has been on the downward trend for years. Here's a good article by the now defunct Grantland site that goes in depth about it.

http://grantland.com/features/nyc-b...on-marbury-kenny-anderson-tom-konchalski-nba/

I agree. That is my thinking. Also, it seems to me that players we get from Baltimore and NYC play a different style of basketball.
That prep league is littered with guys from big cities. Those teams do not consist of chubby white privileged kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom