My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Still no sign of Dino Babers at a basketball game. Are they saving him for the first ACC game? Probably want a big crowd to welcome him here...

I'm guessing UNC game

Is this more of him still more of an assistant head coach versus the "head" man? Typically its the assistants that are the friendly pal while the head coach more of a authoritarian father figure. Don't know why a guy can't be both. Maybe when he finally gets total control for good, he'll be that guy. I for one would like to see it.
I've never understood why coaching seems to involve a lot of anger. I can't think of a college basketball coach who doesn't get furious at least once during a game, and most are angry more than that. I wonder what it does to their hearts. And their stomachs and intestines. Then I start wondering about their souls, and perhaps Dementors are going in and out of their bodies. Then I ponder the workings of the minds of homicidal maniacs. Then I think about nuclear holocaust.

Sometimes attending basketball games is hard for me.

I've never understood why coaching seems to involve a lot of anger. I can't think of a college basketball coach who doesn't get furious at least once during a game, and most are angry more than that. I wonder what it does to their hearts. And their stomachs and intestines. Then I start wondering about their souls, and perhaps Dementors are going in and out of their bodies. Then I ponder the workings of the minds of homicidal maniacs. Then I think about nuclear holocaust.

It's hard to watch somebody else play a game that has your name on it, especially if they aren't playing it the way you told them to. .

Paging Frank Martin. But it sure looks like it's working for SC this year!

Funny, I saw Chukwu at Tops a couple weeks ago. A number of players were in there with him and seemed to be making the usual healthful athlete grocery choices, but Chukwu was practically cleaning off the Entenmann's shelf. Guess someone's in his ear about putting on weight...

He needs to learn about Freihofers

My brother went there. I visited him in the middle of winter a couple of times and walked with him across campus from his dorm to go play basketball.

I have lived in Syracuse almost my entire life. I went to SU and braved many cold days, really strong winds, have endured lots of wind chill factors well below zero. I regularly run in below zero weather, I have seen a lot of blizzards and I like to think that I am a pretty tough dude.

But none of that prepared me for those short walks across that campus. The wind was unbelievably strong and cold. It felt like it was being piped directly from the Arctic and I swear I could feel atoms being propelled right through my body from that vicious, relentless wind.

I can't imagine attending school in such a place. I can totally understand why so much alcohol is consumed by the students of SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson. Bravo to you folks!

SUNY Albany was no picnic either. Fortunately there were underground tunnels connecting the quads which I took advantage of when I just couldn't hack the wind chill anymore.

SUNY Albany was no picnic either. Fortunately there were underground tunnels connecting the quads which I took advantage of when I just couldn't hack the wind chill anymore.
We had the same thing at SUNY Potsdam...except for the gym and library. I remember one winter when I was there the wind chill was -50.

So you are saying JB is a homicidal maniac;)

So you are saying JB is a homicidal maniac;)
No. I am more worried about him becoming one. All he has to do is hang in there three more seasons and then he's home free!

We had the same thing at SUNY Potsdam...except for the gym and library. I remember one winter when I was there the wind chill was -50.

You're all wusses :p. Try being on Lake Ontario at Oswego State. Only the hardiest even survived. No tunnels in the golden ages when I was a student. We had ropes along the invisible walkways to grab onto so we didn't tumble into buildings.

Funny, the PS had a list of Oswego's snowiest winters in their history a few weeks ago and I was there for 3 of the 4 worst. Just more evidence of my extraordinary luck and insightful decision-making ability. :rolleyes:

Good recap as always. I really think (and have for some time) that we really have something in Frank Howard. When he's in, the offense just goes. Watch how many guys get open looks. This kid needs to play a lot...he's can be all ACC good in time

sutomcat said:
My brother went there. I visited him in the middle of winter a couple of times and walked with him across campus from his dorm to go play basketball. I have lived in Syracuse almost my entire life. I went to SU and braved many cold days, really strong winds, have endured lots of wind chill factors well below zero. I regularly run in below zero weather, I have seen a lot of blizzards and I like to think that I am a pretty tough dude. But none of that prepared me for those short walks across that campus. The wind was unbelievably strong and cold. It felt like it was being piped directly from the Arctic and I swear I could feel atoms being propelled right through my body from that vicious, relentless wind. I can't imagine attending school in such a place. I can totally understand why so much alcohol is consumed by the students of SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson. Bravo to you folks!

As a Clarkson grad I can say there was nothing better than living in an apartment near Potsdam St and walking the mile or so to Clarkson's downtown campus for an 8am Boundary Value Problems math class in the winter and going past a bank seeing the temperature was -20 degrees.

i thought that coleman was beginning to emerge in the st.johns game and was playing with confidence. he was pulled to soon in that game as if it was scripted that he play short minutes in short spurts. very happy for him

It's hard to watch somebody else play a game that has your name on it, especially if they aren't playing it the way you told them to. .
You are essentially putting your livelihood, and thus perhaps the welfare of your family, in the hands of 18-21 year olds who may or may not have learned their lessons. And in the hands of guys who work part time and decide if they like what they see. If they don't like the way your pg brings the ball up court, or how your big man uses his backside to get position or maybe even the color of your uniforms, you could be in a long frustrating night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom