My Two pennies Worth...... | Syracusefan.com

My Two pennies Worth......

newmexicuse

All Conference
My two bright spots were Frank and Joe.

Frank was just awesome off the glass and he was able to play smart by staying out of foul trouble. He was able to chip in a little bit of O, but he definitely needs to improve in that area. All in all, if he can play at this level for the rest of the season, we will have a chance to be competitive even without Jesse. Some posters are saying maybe he can play the four along side of Jesse. That might help on D and the glass, but unless one of them can develop a serviceable to 10 to 15" J, it would leave us with a lopsided O.

Joe was solid throughout. He was only credited with one steal, but he got his hands on three or four passes and against all odds none of those loose ball bounces went our way. he also had a solid shooting game. If he hadnt turned the ball over three times he would have had an A to A+ game, but solid nonetheless.

Before I get into any negatives about our guys, i do want to say that they just flat out outplayed us and that they deserved to win. Their D was very tough throughout and all of those first half TOs that they forced gave them control of the game despite our second half run. They also ran nice sets getting plenty of dunk buckets and their kid Mutts was the Big Dawg on the court. No question that despite how well Frank played that Jesse was missed., especially on his cuts to the hoop.

Buddy, this was a game where the stats did not match what I thought I saw on the court. The stats said he shot 40% from three and had 3 assists and three TOs. I was shocked at the TO stat, as I was watching the game it looked like he had at least 5 or 6 TOs. Though his three point shooting percent was solid, it looked like quite a few of his misses were of the forced the shot variety from Black Hole Buddy. The turning point of the game was his horrid half court TO with the score tied at 54. After we had made a great run to catch up, it was important to get a good possession and even if we dont score to be able to get back and set our D and not hand the lead right back to them on a silver platter.

Cole - had been on a tear and he finally went cold from three. I thought he was going to have another big game when he started the scoring off with that pretty foul line J. He was effective helping Frank off the glass w 10 boards, but just could not get any three to drop. It is really hard for this team when any one of our big three goes O-fer from distance.

Jimmy - he had those two early threes and then went to sleep just dreaming about the glory of it all. Nuff said.

big Jimmy - Just awful coaching. How the hell did kid Jimmy deserve 37 minutes !!!! benny blew his dunk and then was cast aside. Yes, I get that Joe played well, but with Jimmy just dreaming about his early threes why did Sy not get more run even if it meant going small for a stretch. He shows no flexibility and his big constant this season has been the nepotism.

as the season has gone on, the offensive scheme evolved away from iso solely because there was a center who can participate in the offense...it opened everything up

without that piece...it will only be iso from here on out

maybe they can win if they are all hot from deep but the offense is just going to be iso from here on out

it is what it is unfortunately

He has shown no flexibility and his big constant this season has been the nepotism.
I really didn't think this would happen. I thought he was a better coach than this. He really has blinders on. What is saddest is that many fans have dreaded the day JB retires. Many of those same fans now look forward to it. His ultimate legacy won't be impacted but he is doing nothing to enhance it.

I watched the replay of only the 1st half. I can't figure out how players with as much experience could look so completely lost. The turnovers were atrocious. And there were plays that weren't to's that were just as bad. Yeah, VT played good D but come on now it's not their strength. It was late and I was falling asleep by halftime so I gave up and figured it wasn't worth it to watch the 2nd half but it sounds like it might be.

Part of my problem may have been that I watched like 10 minutes of the 2013 SU-Louisville game while on my stationary bike. Watching a SU team that knew what was doing might have jiggled my orange vision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom