Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

Guy can’t move his feet. Are we staying zone? What’s the deal here? Don’t like this pickup if we are playing man.
Is he going to be Hakeem the Dream in the post, absolutely not. But the kid is a freaking unit. You must game plan around him or he will punish you. I mean Lob City baby!

The inability to recruit a legit big man or find a bruiser down low in the zone that can vacuum rebounds has held this program back since Christmas left
Hope Maliq can add some muscle because he can be an excellent rebounder

The inability to recruit a legit big man or find a bruiser down low in the zone that can vacuum rebounds has held this program back since Christmas left

I loved Rak. His per 40 rebs in his third year here were 8.6. McLeod in his second year at FSU was 8.2.

Again loved Rak and we always argued over his minutes etc but the light came on in all aspects his final year.

We do tend to enhance certain players impact and abilities( guilty at times myself) of the past.

I loved Rak. His per 40 rebs in his third year here were 8.6. McLeod in his second year at FSU was 8.2.

Again loved Rak and we always argued over his minutes etc but the light came on in all aspects his final year.
We also had this dude one time called Jesse Edwards. Not sure if that name rings a bell for others.

Seems like a warm body move, I think they staff realizes that our three projects aren’t ready, just wish we got a better warm body. I trust the staff, but they know this isn’t ideal.
I'd love to dig up the Chukwu commitment thread. I remember many of the same things being said about him at 7'2". I just don't know what we can do with this guy offensively. Can he catch the ball and be a rim runner? Most bigs we get always seem to have horrible hands.

I believe Red knows that and will address it moving forward via recruiting. As a quick response to the unexpected Jesse departure we needed short-term solutions and it's not like there are 10 Hunter Dickinsons out there. At minimum gives us additional big man/lineup flexibility heading into next year. Nothing about this is bad.

I'd love to dig up the Chukwu commitment thread. I remember many of the same things being said about him at 7'2". I just don't know what we can do with this guy offensively. Can he catch the ball and be a rim runner? Most bigs we get always seem to have horrible hands.
Based on his 40% free throw shooting, I'm going to say he shouldn't have a basketball in his hands unless he's dunking a putback.

Pickings were slim at the center position, and we have four of them now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom