Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

If we were looking to have a center post up and give us points in the paint he wouldn't be a good option. I don't think we are looking for that. I don't think we should be either.

We have Starling, Westry, Copeland, and maybe Mintz who are all great at getting to the rim. When they get there they are going to be met with the other teams best shot blocker much of the time. They need someone they can throw a lob up to if that happens. Stats aren't super important here, what is important is that McLeod can keep his man pinned to him or catch and dunk the ball when his man leaves. On the other side of the ball we want him to be a rim protector. I think it's reasonable to hope he can be close to as good as Jesse at both things. If so he will be a great pick up.
I think we are all trying to will this into being a great get because of the date and situation. Jesse left us hanging but maybe this could work out. I am very concerned about who is going to score. There is a lot of potential but no proven scorers on the roster at this point.

The negativity from some on this board is really amazing.
Negativity? Our most proven player is Benny freaking Williams.

We can be good, may be a year away, but at the end of the day we lost our three best players and didn’t replace them with even a quarter of their production.

Are we on the right path? Absolutely. Are we a bubble team at best? Don’t see how we’re not. Why is that negative?

Negativity? Our most proven player is Benny freaking Williams.

We can be good, may be a year away, but at the end of the day we lost our three best players and didn’t replace them with even a quarter of their production.

Are we on the right path? Absolutely. Are we a bubble team at best? Don’t see how we’re not. Why is that negative?

I think you said it before (possibly?) but it's a higher ceiling than recent years but also a lower floor as well. Essentially what you get with so many younger unproven guys.

Anybody catch it and could recap?
Have no idea, but, guessing, “people don’t know my game, I’m more than what I was at Florida St, I have post moves and can do everything that the staff wants and more.”

Pretty much what 95% of transfers say.

I think you said it before (possibly?) but it's a higher ceiling than recent years but also a lower floor as well. Essentially what you get with so many younger unproven guys.
That was me. As it stands now, nobody can tell me that Westry and JJ are better than Mintz and Joe or will match their product this coming year, year after, maybe, but if that’s a downgrade, the forwards are the same and the downgrade of Jesse to McLeod, playing man instead of zone isn’t going to make up for the roster turnover.

It’s a super young team, we could win 10 games next year and I’ll stay believe in Red, you can see what he’s trying to build, doesn’t mean next year will have a successful win and loss record.

hello syracuse...

27tpp3.jpg

Im going to tell you that JJ and Chance will be as good as Judah and Joe. Different but as good.
I like you but I don’t believe you yet. Time is on their side as they’re only through a quarter of their careers. If we were playing for next year only then I’m sticking with Joe and Judah.

It is sad that your fandom is all about negativity all the time. Most people choose not to live their lives like that and instead be happy when positive things happen.
You’ve enjoyed the past decade of Syracuse basketball? I’m happy for you then.

I personally don’t care that we signed McLeod, care maybe a tad more than I cared about signing Hima last year.

Glad you enjoyed the Colgate and other embarrassing losses the past few years along with being on the bubble for seemingly forever. But hey, there were positives every off season then too.

Reading the tea leaves over the past couple years I think we could legit see actual rotation of defenses zone included. That's a lot from those willing to share their insights from being close to the team but it's been consistently raised.

I think that we should play Pitino @ Louisville style - 3/4 or full court press, back into the zone, switch to man when necessary. Also I would say that Autry, if he employs the zone, should keep the forwards a bit lower to help with rebounding, and to cover the corner jumper.

They better be better. We weren’t even close to an NCAA team last year. If those two aren’t better, then we are in trouble
I think the make up of this team is going to be better. Man for Man Jesse and Judah are very good players but our team was an odd assortment of skills last year that really never fit. I believe this years team is going to play better together and will win more games. I know this sounds crazy but im not worried about replacing Joe at all and Jesse didnt do well against the more physical players. Red seems to be heading in a direction of a much more physical downhill type of team which i like. Time will tell.

I think that we should play Pitino @ Louisville style - 3/4 or full court press, back into the zone, switch to man when necessary. Also I would say that Autry, if he employs the zone, should keep the forwards a bit lower to help with rebounding, and to cover the corner jumper.
Count me 100% in.

They better be better. We weren’t even close to an NCAA team last year. If those two aren’t better, then we are in trouble

We still have a space or two left to fill on the roster.

If Judah comes back (seemingly very unlikely), we will get the PG play and offensive creation that this team needs.

If he doesn't, then we are still one or two players away from being a tournament team.

if autry tries playing zone only and finishes 6th in the ACC. one and done.

It is sad that your fandom is all about negativity all the time. Most people choose not to live their lives like that and instead be happy when positive things happen.
He's not really an SU fan. Troll seems to be a better descriptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom