NASCAR Daytona 500 qualifying... | Syracusefan.com

NASCAR Daytona 500 qualifying...

yup What clint boywer's interview was spot on.. as a nascar fan i like the old style one car at a time

I'm good with this format for everywhere but Daytona and Talladega. This format is way too dependent on getting in the right line at the right time, and no one wants to go out first.

I don't know if there is a good format for qualifying at the plate tracks since running alone has no bearing on how a car could run in the race, and big packs are too hairy for qualifying. And it doesn't really matter where you start on a plate track.

I'm good with this format for everywhere but Daytona and Talladega. This format is way too dependent on getting in the right line at the right time, and no one wants to go out first.

I don't know if there is a good format for qualifying at the plate tracks since running alone has no bearing on how a car could run in the race, and big packs are too hairy for qualifying. And it doesn't really matter where you start on a plate track.

If everyone runs alone (like they used to), nobody is at a disadvantage for being in front of the pack.

every track the cars run different alone vs in packs. but having them run in packs here just creates more chaos than its worth and doesnt really show who has the fastest car which is what the pole is supposed to be for.