Navy Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Navy Game Thread...

love the drake.

drakes-coffee-cake-seinfeld.jpg

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine, can't you just feel the moonshine?

Anyone know how I could watch a replay of this? Sketchy is fine if that's the only option.

Don’t want to see Cornell first round, hopefully we a High enough seed to force ncaas hand or they don’t make it

I was interested in what Voigt said in the postgame interview. He said that the spirit on this team is different from previous years. He said that he intended no offense to previous teams but that there was something special about this year. I'd like to know more about what he meant.
I was also impressed by how high Evan Washburn is on this team. He made a special point of remarking how there was no "guy," no #22, but that Syracuse posed problems to its opponents because of all the people who contribute. Nice to hear.

Hope everyone has a great Easter-so excited about the way this defense has been playing. Offense has never been the problem, but in years past the defense has slowly gotten worse throughout the season. Not the case this year! Agreed on Dearth, and can’t say enough how much Drake has exceeded my expectations this year. Desko has the boys clicking at the right time-hats off to him

Just got home from the game so I'll have some more thoughts later but one thing stood out to me tonight, Dearth has become a hell of a player. He's just such a defensive force for this team!
“He’s got heavy bones” is my new favorite saying.

EDIT: Just realized you attended the game instead of watching the broadcast & therefore likely have no idea what I’m talking about. Desko used that phrase to describe Dearth’s physique.

“He’s got heavy bones” is my new favorite saying.

EDIT: Just realized you attended the game instead of watching the broadcast & therefore likely have no idea what I’m talking about. Desko used that phrase to describe Dearth’s physique.

I appreciate the explanation!
First time I've seen Dearth in person and he's just a beast out there. I specifically recall one play in which he doubled the ball, took it with a great check and just got up the field effortlessly it was a thing of beauty!

No luck finding a replay yet but saw the highlights. I guess that's the type of stuff Seebold does in practice that gets him all the time on the field! That bounce pass from Rehfuss to the lighting fast voigt quick stick has to be our goal of the year right?

No luck finding a replay yet but saw the highlights. I guess that's the type of stuff Seebold does in practice that gets him all the time on the field! That bounce pass from Rehfuss to the lighting fast voigt quick stick has to be our goal of the year right?

I don't think CBS does full game replays.

I appreciate the explanation!
First time I've seen Dearth in person and he's just a beast out there. I specifically recall one play in which he doubled the ball, took it with a great check and just got up the field effortlessly it was a thing of beauty!
Along with Porter and Phaup, Peter Dearth has been the greatest revelation this year. Another has been Jared Fernandez.

Maybe I missed it, but any word on Carlin? Don't believe he even traveled with the team... Injury? I thought Quinn looked really good out there which was extremely encouraging.

Watching the end of the PSU-Hopkins game. The subject of Syracuse came up (because the game had turned into a stinker at that point). Paul Carcaterra went on an extended discussion on how much the Orange has improved. On Desko: "Man, that guy can flat-out coach." (or some similar Carcaterra-isms to that effect).

Watching the end of the PSU-Hopkins game. The subject of Syracuse came up (because the game had turned into a stinker at that point). Paul Carcaterra went on an extended discussion on how much the Orange has improved. On Desko: "Man, that guy can flat-out coach." (or some similar Carcaterra-isms to that effect).

Just heard it while watching the replay. Imagine being a Hopkins fan watching the game with your team down 12 and then the announcers start complimenting Syracuse for 2 minutes strait? Almost feel bad for them (but not quite).

Missed the game live and have not been able to find video of the full game yet. Hopefully it gets posted to youtube soon. But watching the highlights I was really impressed by Voigt. The goals he scored weren't simply because someone beat his man and he was wide open - he caught some incredibly difficult passes and put hard accurate shots on cage. Really impressed with the confidence the offense seemed to play with. Rhefuss coming on is a really big deal. Also the chemistry seems through the roof right now with the way guys are sharing the ball and trusting each other. Also liked what I saw from Trimboli, I feel like I've taken his production for granted this year but he has really stepped up as a leader and as a guy who doesn't make mistakes. He's really worked on his shot and really makes defenses pay if they give him an inch.

Trimboli must be listening to Ryan Powell. When Rhino was doing the SU games he was all over Trimboli's shooting and wouldn't let it go LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom