NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Trying to watch this Lakers - Spurs game but it is unbearable. I am only getting the Spurs feed and the background sound is literally mute and it clearly sounds like 2 guys talking in a room. Are all Spurs broadcasts like this?

The loud recorded crowd sound is turrible. I mute the TV & head for Jamaica by way of France.

dumb things players say

"I've been a fan of Saddiq's since he was at Villanova, so I knew we had an asset when we drafted him," Rose said.

so he's been a fan for a few months?

Winless Pistons up 15 on the Celtics at the half. Jeremi with 18 in 18.

so Boston came back and went up 93-88 on a Tatum 3 with 4:15 left...
they did NOT score again.

You know how hard it is to not score in an NBA game for 4 minutes and 15 seconds? Im not talking about no field goals..im talking POINTS. ZIPPO.

Melo passed Duncan on the scoring list night into #14. Nique, the Big O, and the Dream are up next...

He has a real shot of getting into the top ten (#10 Elvin Hayes) if he stays on his 13 ppg average.

Maybe no nba title, but ncaa chip, three golds, numerous accolades on top of that and finishing in the top ten in scoring is an incredible career.

I know Bron and KAJ basically are aliens with how productive/long their careers are and were, but Melo still contributing this far into his career is pretty dang good.

Maybe no nba title, but ncaa chip, three golds, numerous accolades on top of that and finishing in the top ten in scoring is an incredible career.

I know Bron and KAJ basically are aliens with how productive/long their careers are and were, but Melo still contributing this far into his career is pretty dang good.
And doing so after essentially being black balled for a year is yet another notch in the belt imo.

And doing so after essentially being black balled for a year is yet another notch in the belt imo.

I’ll be honest, part of me is surprised how he has transitioned into this part of his career so well and landed after all that craziness.

Again, Bron is an alien, but this being Melo’s 18th season and still getting 13ppg is pretty crazy. And maybe he’ll bounce around a bit, but if he stays in Portland, those fans will love him forever. They have great fans.

I’ll be honest, part of me is surprised how he has transitioned into this part of his career so well and landed after all that craziness.

Again, Bron is an alien, but this being Melo’s 18th season and still getting 13ppg is pretty crazy. And maybe he’ll bounce around a bit, but if he stays in Portland, those fans will love him forever. They have great fans.
Same here.. surprised and impressed at the same time. He came back fit and willing to play his role in Portland.

Brandon Ingram will end up having a better career than:
1. Zion
2. Tatum
and
3......Luka

1. Zion
2. Tatum
and
3...Luka

not luka but Ingram gets better every year. He’s doing a lot of facilitating on offense. He and Adams got nice thing going too with pick and roll as well. Pels need to still be more consistent on defense and JJ has been awful after game 1. Jaxon Hayes looking like a bust as well

1. Zion
2. Tatum
and
3...Luka

Luka arguably had the greatest second season of all time. I’m assuming you’re throwing him in there for laughs.

I think there is a chance he ends up with a better career than the other two. Seeing Ingram in person is really something. He’s essentially a poor man’s KD, and I mean that as a compliment. He’s smooth.

Zion I’m still waiting for his back or knee to just blow out. I’ve always thought Tatum was overrated (even tho I think he’s good).

Luka arguably had the greatest second season of all time. I’m assuming you’re throwing him in there for laughs.

I think there is a chance he ends up with a better career than the other two. Seeing Ingram in person is really something. He’s essentially a poor man’s KD, and I mean that as a compliment. He’s smooth.

Zion I’m still waiting for his back or knee to just blow out. I’ve always thought Tatum was overrated (even tho I think he’s good).

Nope. I think Ingram will continue to progress.

Luka had an incredible second season and I don’t want to say he can’t continue to get better because he can - he can be a better shooter, and he can cut down on turnovers as he gains experience.

But yes, Ingram’s length and smoothness as you put it is something else. He’s got all the skills too, shooting has gotten so much better, he’s basically their PG too. And his defensive potential is much higher.

Luka is a year and a half younger than Ingram and already definitely better (already the MVP favorite), so while Ingram has made great strides, I can't see Ingram getting there

Luka is a year and a half younger than Ingram and already definitely better (already the MVP favorite), so while Ingram has made great strides, I can't see Ingram getting there

MVP favorite based on what though? What people want to happen?

MVP favorite based on what though? What people want to happen?

Bovada, which I guess in an indirect way is an expression of what people want to happen.

I don't think he's the best player in the league, obviously.

Bovada, which I guess in an indirect way is an expression of what people want to happen.

I don't think he's the best player in the league, obviously.

I definitely feel like there’s been a “Luka for MVP” narrative before the season even started. We’ll see what happens.

I definitely feel like there’s been a “Luka for MVP” narrative before the season even started. We’ll see what happens.
That was Anthony Davis preseason two years ago.

Nope. I think Ingram will continue to progress.

Luka had an incredible second season and I don’t want to say he can’t continue to get better because he can - he can be a better shooter, and he can cut down on turnovers as he gains experience.

But yes, Ingram’s length and smoothness as you put it is something else. He’s got all the skills too, shooting has gotten so much better, he’s basically their PG too. And his defensive potential is much higher.

It’s easy to say Zion simply because Zion has a 50 percent chance of eating his way to mediocrity

Does he still whine over every call?

Does he still whine over every call?

Yeah ... he’s good .. but man he’s being made out to be one of the greatest players of all time .. what are the odds he ends up with a career better than someone like Harden ?

LOL the Luka hate. Kid was a first team all nba and led an all time offense with KP as the second best player on top of crushing his career before stepping foot in the nba.

But, I mean hey, this board has people that think JGIII is a great shooter, so c’est la vie.

Right now Luka would be traded for exactly zero other players. Zero if they called Dallas.

Of course he’s in the mvp race bc of how good he is.

Lolllllll.

Yeah ... he’s good .. but man he’s being made out to be one of the greatest players of all time .. what are the odds he ends up with a career better than someone like Harden ?
His career is better than Harden's right now.

LOL the Luka hate. Kid was a first team all nba and led an all time offense with KP as the second best player on top of crushing his career before stepping foot in the nba.

But, I mean hey, this board has people that think JGIII is a great shooter, so c’est la vie.

Right now Luka would be traded for exactly zero other players. Zero if they called Dallas.

Of course he’s in the mvp race bc of how good he is.

Lolllllll.
Enlighten me with a couple of better shooters in the ACC not named Buddy lol I cannot let this one slide

Enlighten me with a couple of better shooters in the ACC not named Buddy lol I cannot let this one slide

are you asking me who is a better shooter than a kid that is shooting 34% from the field for his career (<32% this year) and 32.5% 3pt percentage for his career (32.7% this year)?

Lol. And Buddy is the dude you cite? Hahahahaha.

Just search my posts for JGIII if you want to talk about him. This is an NBA thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom