I think the NBA tiers are like this
A. Nets
B. Lakers, Bucks
C. Nuggets, Jazz, Suns
D. Heat, Hawks
E. Clippers, Warriors, Celtics, Mavs, Sixers
F. Knicks, Bulls, Hornets, Blazers, Raptors, Grizziles
H. the rest
I think this is roughly how I view it. I'd move the Hawks down and Warriors up. Maybe Clippers down due to Kawhi's injury but I don't really have a great feel for them without him.

If Denver offered Aaron Gordon and Will Barton for Ben Simmons.

Would philly take that?
Would Denver do that?
I don't think that's really anywhere near what Philly would accept, not to mention they have no need for Gordon with Tobias there.

I’m waiting for a team to just refuse to trade someone, and pay them to sit home for like the next 5 years. See who blinks first!

Getting paid a max salary to do nothing is cool...until it’s the last contract you ever get because you haven’t played competitively in half a decade.
I know the salaries are guaranteed, but I assume refusing to work would void the promise to pay. Does anyone know the right answer.

According to this study, there should at least be an exemption if you have had Covid, but are not vaccinated, unless of course we are not actually committed to following the science.

I know the salaries are guaranteed, but I assume refusing to work would void the promise to pay. Does anyone know the right answer.
I'm pretty sure Philly can theoretically refuse to pay him but then they risk being basically blacklisted.

According to this study, there should at least be an exemption if you have had Covid, but are not vaccinated, unless of course we are not actually committed to following the science.
Have had symptomatic Covid.

And the study has yet to be peer reviewed.

I am pretty sure they can fine if he doesn't show up for preseason and/or regular season. I am fairly certain he wouldn't get paid if he's not going to show up

That MPJ contract is stupid.
I mean he is a great player but non-allstars getting 40+ million a year is insane.
That contract is for Trae Young or Luka types.
Good for him but Denver now has 3 max players.

He is making more per year than any non-Mahomes or Allen NFL player.

That MPJ contract is stupid.
I mean he is a great player but non-allstars getting 40+ million a year is insane.
That contract is for Trae Young or Luka types.
Good for him but Denver now has 3 max players.

He is making more per year than any non-Mahomes or Allen NFL player.
Tbf, it's only $34 mil per year unless he makes an All-NBA Team this season. Still a lot of money for him, but I'm sure they anticipate him becoming an all-star sooner than later.

Tbf, it's only $34 mil per year unless he makes an All-NBA Team this season. Still a lot of money for him, but I'm sure they anticipate him becoming an all-star sooner than later.
Be interesting to see what his upside is. Is he just a low 20s ppg guy who can shoot but doesn’t do a whole lot else?

Or is he a 25+ ppg elite scorer?

Or can he become an all around star?

I haven’t decided yet.

Be interesting to see what his upside is. Is he just a low 20s ppg guy who can shoot but doesn’t do a whole lot else?

Or is he a 25+ ppg elite scorer?

Or can he become an all around star?

I haven’t decided yet.

I think the defense is a question, but we're talking about a 6-10 guy who is a career 44% 3 point shooter on pretty solid volume. I think for sure he can (and maybe already is, he just hasnt gotten the chance) be a top tier elite level scorer. He can basically shoot over anyone.

Over his career, he's averaged 21 points per 36 on 65% true shooting, with a 21% usage. If you lower the standards a little (20 points per 36, 62% shooting, 20% usage), over the last 2 years you get this list

So Bradley Beal ain't vaccin'.

Does that tank his trade value?

I think the defense is a question, but we're talking about a 6-10 guy who is a career 44% 3 point shooter on pretty solid volume. I think for sure he can (and maybe already is, he just hasnt gotten the chance) be a top tier elite level scorer. He can basically shoot over anyone.

Over his career, he's averaged 21 points per 36 on 65% true shooting, with a 21% usage. If you lower the standards a little (20 points per 36, 62% shooting, 20% usage), over the last 2 years you get this list

I feel like I remember reading that he like leads the NBA in or is top 3 or something in 3PT% when contested too. He's already exceeded my expectations from the year he was drafted. I thought he was one of those theoretical freaks that come along pretty regularly and don't pan out. Defense is a major question, especially as the frontcourt mate next to Jokic, but his shooting ability is and all-around scoring ability for his size is pretty absurd.

So Bradley Beal ain't vaccin'.

Does that tank his trade value?

For a team in New York or San Francisco, doesn't it basically have to? (So, for 3 teams in the league. Toronto too, I think)

I feel like I remember reading that he like leads the NBA in or is top 3 or something in 3PT% when contested too. He's already exceeded my expectations from the year he was drafted. I thought he was one of those theoretical freaks that come along pretty regularly and don't pan out. Defense is a major question, especially as the frontcourt mate next to Jokic, but his shooting ability is and all-around scoring ability for his size is pretty absurd.

Think I've read the same, which makes sense, going back to the fact that he's so tall and long. You basically can't (effectively) contest his shot.

He’s also battling Harden for biggest NBA star who did nothing in their one game against the Cuse.

I take far too much pride in that.

How about Bosh? Looks like he was 2-5 from the field, 12 points in 30 minutes in 02. He did get 13 FT though.

How about Bosh? Looks like he was 2-5 from the field, 12 points in 30 minutes in 02. He did get 13 FT though.
He at least mashed on Forth once though.

Man, did we run them out of the building that day. GMac at his finest.

This is going to be a tough watch for some of you. Let’s face it, most of you: