NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Morant had zero stars and unranked in HS. Curry #60 PG.
The top 10 NBA ready guys are easy to see. After that it is a crapshoot.
I think Carey might be our guy to make a jump in this class. Not often you see that skill and assertiveness in a big at his age.

I love Ja, he's my favorite player in the NBA and seems like a super cool guy. It's like his leg muscles are more kangaroo than human the way he elevates. Similar to how like Michael Phelps had a unique body that is perfect for swimming.

I love Ja, he's my favorite player in the NBA and seems like a super cool guy. It's like his leg muscles are more kangaroo than human the way he elevates. Similar to how like Michael Phelps had a unique body that is perfect for swimming.
Has any guard in NBA history shown more leaping/athletic ability than Ja? I struggle to think of an example. Prime DRose and Westbrook are certainly close, but man Ja can do things I have never seen before.

Has any guard in NBA history shown more leaping/athletic ability than Ja? I struggle to think of an example. Prime DRose and Westbrook are certainly close, but man Ja can do things I have never seen before.
Not sure of David Thompson's official position, but he was 6'4".

Bill Simmons compared him to young MJ. Not in overall talent, but in terms of what you are speaking of - the explosive athleticism that borders on reckless but has a more balletic feel to it than DRose or Westbrook who just seemed like they were shot out of a canon.

Nate Robinson seems like the obvious choice in terms of leaping ability no? Overall athletic ability maybe a handful of guys depending on what you’re looking for.

I’m leaning towards no, but I gotta at least mention Iverson and Baron Davis.

The Lakers / Mavs game last night was insane.

Luka had a monster tip dunk. He had insane alley oops. He hit a shot at the end of the game over Bron after seeking out Bron on defense (he did this more than once) and let’s just check in on how Bron is doing:

The Lakers / Mavs game last night was insane.

Luka had a monster tip dunk. He had insane alley oops. He hit a shot at the end of the game over Bron after seeking out Bron on defense (he did this more than once) and let’s just check in on how Bron is doing:

Great point - Luka was hunting match-ups against LeBron. Think about that.

LeBron needs a self-check. He is clearly one of the greats of all time, and that greatness enabled him to talk over and skew facts about teams he was on and his role in their success and failure. The LeBron out there now - on and off the court - is impacting his legacy. He is the worst leader of any big time winner I have ever seen in sports. For me Kobe's legacy took a hit near the end of his career when his selfish gunner side held up the Laker rebuild...LBJ needs to tread carefully here.

Luka’s line: 25 points, 9/21, 0-5 threes, 7/11FT, 8 reb, 5 assists, 6 turnovers, -4

LeBron’s line: 26 points, 10/18, 3/7 threes, 3/5 FT, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 TOs, +7

Last edited:
Luka’s line: 25 points, 9/21, 0-5 threes, 7/11FT, 8 reb, 5 assists, 6 turnovers, -4

LeBron’s line: 26 points, 10/18, 3/7 threes, 3/5 FT, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 TOs, +7

That’s all true. Luka still hunted him and scored on him at the end of the game.

Pure plus/minus is also not a great stat.

At some point Luka is going to mature enough as a professional athlete to figure out the fitness side of maximizing his potential and getting his body right to win, and when he does, look out.