NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Beat Memphis too though? Pretty easily too.

I think Denver should be the favorite - they were the 1 seed for a reason and their playoff performance has matched that.

The Lakers were probably 10-12 seed level pre-trades, 6-8 seed level post trades but with Bron and AD both missing 25-30 games and often not having both healthy at the same time…but probably 2-3 seed level when healthy with this roster.

Gordon, KCP, Brown give Denver a plethora of athletic defenders that can hit an open 3. Porter is a sniper.

This may come down to Davis-Jokic and who wins that matchup? Russell will be key as well. He’s gotta have a good series. Will be interesting to see how Reaves does vs. those wing defenders.
Lakers obviously are way better since the trade but Memphis and GSW were also the best matchups for them considering the lack of size.

Harden and Embiid were both absolutely pathetic today. No excuse for it in a game 7.

They should trade Harden for picks or maybe a pick and a young 2/3 with some upside, and fully give the keys to Maxey and hope he pops, and start Melton and play Shake Milton more.
No, Knicks -do not pursue this.
Just NO.

Lol at throwing your teammates under the bus immediately after you no-showed in a game 7.
It’s absolutely pathetic. Guy shot 5-18. Say “I sucked and I have to be better”, and most people probably temper how hard they go at you.

Make excuses and blame teammates and literally everybody is going to be at your neck all offseason.

Have you watched Joe this season? They may win the tile because they have great talent. He gets out coached on a regular basis. Not his fault. He wasn't ready for this opportunity.
That doesn’t mean you go after doc. There’s 1000 better candidates

What’s docs record in games where his team can close out a series ?

Not a big fan of Celtics or Tatum, but thank you Celtics for eliminating that flopping and flailing injury causing Joel Embiid.

Earlier you can get him off my TV screen the better. Go golf with Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner you clown.
Why are leafs catching strays?

They both sucked today and Maxey and Harris were both decent-good.

Even PJ Tucker played over his head. PJ should whup his ass. Harden was insanely good in 2 games and awful the rest of the series. Can’t win without your stars getting it done.

Also, him and Embiid punted on just about every big Philly possesion when they had the lead in the 4th quarter at home in game 6. Get a bucket or two and you’re probably in the ECF.

Clown. He is who we thought he is. Front runner who checks out when things are bad.
At least Harden won them two games . What exactly was embid talking about regarding himself ?

That doesn’t mean you go after doc. There’s 1000 better candidates

What’s docs record in games where his team can close out a series ?
He won a title with the Celts. They lost another one not because of Doc but because Ainge made a moronic trade. Oh, and he lost two to Lebron. That happens. I watched the Celts a lot (being a Celts fan) I think the guy is a terrific coach. He has a .590 winning %. How many of 1000 other guys have that? We can disagree.

Last edited:
It’s absolutely pathetic. Guy shot 5-18. Say “I sucked and I have to be better”, and most people probably temper how hard they go at you.

Make excuses and blame teammates and literally everybody is going to be at your neck all offseason.
Embiid did say that though. The media just cropped out the part that would make him look bad.

His response really wasn’t bad at all.

Embid is a tough watch for me. Body language and pace and shuffle - just not enjoyable. I also think he could benefit by losing some lbs and getting into better shape. He also seemed much more motivated to win the MVP than the Ship.

I hate the Celtics but I cannot stand the brand of basketball the Sixers play, with two superstars flopping and flailing all around the court all game to bait the refs into rewarding them with free throws. BORING. I guess I'm a Nuggets fan now, just like the good old days when I bought League Pass to watch Carmelo play.

I hate the Celtics but I cannot stand the brand of basketball the Sixers play, with two superstars flopping and flailing all around the court all game to bait the refs into rewarding them with free throws. BORING. I guess I'm a Nuggets fan now, just like the good old days when I bought League Pass to watch Carmelo play.
Honestly the flopping among all 4 remaining teams is pretty absurd. And when they don’t get the calls after flopping, they’re constantly working the refs. It’s very tiresome. I’m reluctantly rooting for Denver now too.

Honestly the flopping among all 4 remaining teams is pretty absurd. And when they don’t get the calls after flopping, they’re constantly working the refs. It’s very tiresome. I’m reluctantly rooting for Denver now too.
It is the guys with the big reps that flop - Marcus Smart is an All-Star flopper. Embid, Harden, LBJ...its endless.

It is the guys with the big reps that flop - Marcus Smart is an All-Star flopper. Embid, Harden, LBJ...its endless.
As a Celtics fan, I’d rather see White playing for a number of reasons.

I can’t believe the contested stepback 3 is considered a better option than posting up the 7’2 league MVP.

Basketball has gotten dumb.

m8qnbZt.jpg

Knicks constantly doubling Butler 35 feet from the basket to subsequently give up an open look from 3 makes zero sense. “Defensive guru” Thibs :rolleyes:
As we've seen firsthand even the most legendary defensive wizards lose their fastball.

This would be one approach for this off-season. I don’t know if Minnesota would do Randle for KAT straight up. It would be very helpful if Knicks get the Dallas pick this year (top 10 protected) or they will need to involve a 3rd team to get more assets. I think 2 out of Obi, Quickley, Mitch get moved with either Randle or RJ plus a couple of 1st rounders for a top 25ish player. Then they can hopefully use the Fournier, Rose money to pick up some solid shooters.
That's very possible. IMO Knicks won't move Randle. Guys who put up 25 and 10 in the regular season are very few. I think it's more likely they move RJ and Obi to get a SF that's a better outside/3 pt threat. Then add depth to get some other 3 pt shooters (not stars) as rotation pieces. I believe they sign Hart. If this is what Randle is in postseason play they just need to have other perimeter pieces so they are not so reliant on Randle to be the #2 option. I know Thibs would love to get KAT and he would love to get to MSG. But I don't know there is a match with the T Wolves if Randle is off the table.

The lack of respect the nuggets are getting here . The lakers aren’t beating Denver.

Denver is -167 to win the series meaning in reality Vegas would probably favor them -175 or -180.
I'm a Lakers fan and am realistic enough to bet an exact series result of Denver 4-2.

I've been a Harden doubter since SU beat his ASU Sun Devils in the 2009 2nd round. I hadn't watched a minute of ASU that year and remember thinking all game "this dude is a lottery lock, really?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom