NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 167 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Let me add one more category and slightly rearrange your first one

Best Best player
Denver
Miami
Boston
Lakers (thats crazy but i think this is true? Tatum>AD or Lebron)

Best top to bottom roster
Boston
Denver
Lakers
Heat (I think the Boston roster overall is better than Denver but Jokic is possibly the trump card)

Best coach
Miami

Lakers
Denver
Boston

Agree re coach. It's Spo by a country mile.

Do not agree re players. Jokic is def #1. But Bron just had a 30/9/9 in a close out game last round.

Joey Mazz is definitely getting fired if they lose this round, right? How do you not call a TO in the 3rd quarter?

Do not agree re players. Jokic is def #1. But Bron just had a 30/9/9 in a close out game last round.

Joey Mazz is definitely getting fired if they lose this round, right? How do you not call a TO in the 3rd quarter?

I don't see Joey Mazz getting fired. I think Stevens will give him additional time to learn on the job for sure.

The Bucks are considering Kelvin Sampson. They got rid of Bud, who spent like a decade under Popovich, is a 2x Coach of the Year, won a title two years ago, and led the Bucks to the best record in the NBA this year, but now want a shady college coach with zero pro experience as a head coach.
They’ve already interviewed like over 10 guys now. I’d be absolutely shocked if Sampson is the one they end up with.

But yeah, it’s very likely they downgrade at coach and just hope a new voice/some new ideas makes up the difference.

Even with all the big names on the market?

I just don't see Brad Stevens operating in that manner but I guess anything is possible and Stevens can be overruled. Didn't they already give him a deal as the HC and remove the interim tag? They knew there would be some growing pains and I am sure they are wishing this blew up earlier and they could have hired Will Hardy before he went to Utah, he seems like a real star in the making.

do I think they will get Mazulla some help by hiring a former HC with solid NBA experience? I do for sure.

Obviously a much smaller market and a team with very limited success but I think the Pelicans are looking to do the same for Willie Green. He has a lot of upside and is extremely well liked by players and ownership most importantly Gayle Benson. He certainly wasn't Griffin's first choice and many think he was more a Langdon/ Swin cash hire. But sounds like Langdon could be heading to Washington as their VP of Ops. I like him a lot and am rooting for him to succeed and hoping it works out. Big year ahead for the franchise, but everybody knows it's going to come down to the health of Zion and BI which is a real crap shoot.

I agree Mazz needs to call a TO - but if he did what is he saying "hey calm down, run the offense and get Tatum a shot". Do NBA players really need to be reminded of that? I guess they do but that is pathetic. The coaching mismatch in this series is telling but the need to get grown men to play like they are on the conference finals and not at the Y adult league is insane.

Tatum just played one of the best game 7's of all time! And playoff Jimmy basically turns into Michael Jordan.

Turns out its hard to make it this far without some great players.

I could see Mazzula getting canned. Maybe they go easy on him since he got the job in a weird circumstance. If they lose in this round, it could be really interesting for them. Brown is 35% max eligible, but with the new cap rules, it makes it really tough to have 2 35% players on your roster

I agree Mazz needs to call a TO - but if he did what is he saying "hey calm down, run the offense and get Tatum a shot". Do NBA players really need to be reminded of that? I guess they do but that is pathetic.
Never forget, people are weird and dumb, and however weird or dumb you prepare yourself for them to be, they will, inevitably, overperform.

Tatum just played one of the best game 7's of all time! And playoff Jimmy basically turns into Michael Jordan.

I could see Mazzula getting canned. Maybe they go easy on him since he got the job in a weird circumstance. If they lose in this round, it could be really interesting for them. Brown is 35% max eligible, but with the new cap rules, it makes it really tough to have 2 35% players on your roster

I’m always going with Bron. He’s a ball handler and shot creator. His vision and IQ is way higher than Tatum’s.

With that said, if Tatum ever wants to come to the Knicks, I’d welcome him with open arms.

Weird to me that we’re talking about firing a guy who got his team, a very talented team I’ll grant you, to the conference finals, in his first year. If they had flamed out in the first round, or not made the playoffs at all, sure. I don’t see it.

The Bucks are considering Kelvin Sampson. They got rid of Bud, who spent like a decade under Popovich, is a 2x Coach of the Year, won a title two years ago, and led the Bucks to the best record in the NBA this year, but now want a shady college coach with zero pro experience as a head coach.
Right? Always blows my mind when teams that have won championships and are still perennial contenders fire their coach. You’re not going to win it all every single year. I think more of these teams should stay the course for longer. Grass is usually not greener IMO.

Right? Always blows my mind when teams that have won championships and are still perennial contenders fire their coach. You’re not going to win it all every single year. I think more of these teams should stay the course for longer. Grass is usually not greener IMO.

and I wonder if Pat Reilly wasn't calling the shots in Miami if many who believe is NOW the best coach in the NBA would have been allowed the time to become exactly that. Starts with too many players calling the shots and GM's trying to save their jobs I guess. Just the way the league is these days.

and I wonder if Pat Reilly wasn't calling the shots in Miami if many who believe is NOW the best coach in the NBA would have been allowed the time to become exactly that. Starts with too many players calling the shots and GM's trying to save their jobs I guess. Just the way the league is these days.

People definitely wanted Spo fired within the first few weeks of the Lebron era. They started 9-8 or so and there was a whole thing where Lebron "accidentally" bumped Spo walking back to a huddle.
I’m always going with Bron. He’s a ball handler and shot creator. His vision and IQ is way higher than Tatum’s.

With that said, if Tatum ever wants to come to the Knicks, I’d welcome him with open arms.

How about Brown? I really could see that as a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom