NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 216 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Cliff will undoubtably be a Laker now. On a vet minimum, sure. Maybe they can freeze him and defrost him for the playoffs.
I’m really curious to see what he ends up doing. I wouldn’t say it’s a foregone conclusion that he goes to the Lakers but they’re definitely one of the front runners.

Feels fairly likely Ayton gets moved. There simply isn’t enough ball to go around for him and they desperately need some depth.
Ayton is basically Andrew Bynum on a horrible contract. Maybe Dallas is desperate enough to give back some value for him.

I don't understand how KD/Booker/Beal work together. It's just too many ball-dominant alpha scorers. They need balance and strong role players. You know one of them will get injured, it's inevitable. And then they'll have two stars and a roster full of cheap contracts.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Beal deal is being held up to include a 3rd team for CP3 to go to.

What are the Wizards getting of value here? I really don’t get it from their end?

What are the Wizards getting of value here? I really don’t get it from their end?

Beal held all the cards because of the no trade they gave him. (Why did they do that??)

I forget where I first read this, but it really is a good point; the most valuable thing these rebuilding teams will get when they tear it down is almost always their own draft picks. They're going to be really bad now (I assume KP will either opt out and leave, or opt in and get traded) and should have good picks the next few years

I gotta say it’s kinda hilarious seeing Washington is the one giving up young prospects in the Beal trade. Granted none of Washington’s young prospects are particularly interesting, but still.

I think I also read they’re now projected to have over $100 million in cap space next year which is insane (though, who is gonna sign up to go there to play with nobody at all?)

As a DC local I’m praying they hit on their first round pick this year. They’re the brutal combination of terrible team and also having no young, exciting players.

I gotta say it’s kinda hilarious seeing Washington is the one giving up young prospects in the Beal trade. Granted none of Washington’s young prospects are particularly interesting, but still.

I think I also read they’re now projected to have over $100 million in cap space next year which is insane (though, who is gonna sign up to go there to play with nobody at all?)

As a DC local I’m praying they hit on their first round pick this year. They’re the brutal combination of terrible team and also having no young, exciting players.

Johnny Davis slander!

An interesting thing is with the new CBA, you basically need to be at or close to the cap floor by the start of the season, so they wont be able to hoard cap space into the regular season like the Spurs did this year. This is probably more of an issue for the 24-25 season, I figure they might trade Kuz and KP and bring some salary back that way

Windhorst isn’t the only insider talking about the Clippers going with Westbrook and Paul. (They wouldn’t play together.)

Johnny Davis slander!

An interesting thing is with the new CBA, you basically need to be at or close to the cap floor by the start of the season, so they wont be able to hoard cap space into the regular season like the Spurs did this year. This is probably more of an issue for the 24-25 season, I figure they might trade Kuz and KP and bring some salary back that way
At least he showed a pulse down the stretch this year…it’s kinda hilarious they tried to play it safe with a guy that would be “ready on day 1” but didn’t realize he doesn’t actually have any NBA skills aside from trying hard.

Kispert is pretty good for a young dude. That’s legitimately it for them unfortunately.

I have mixed feelings on this. PG has done more for the Clippers than Leonard. Leonard’s still the superior player…and he’s still recovering from his latest injury, making him tougher to trade right now. Either way, a change is needed.

Obvious baggage with Brandon Miller, too.

Shams reporting that the Celtics and Wizards are in talks for a Kristaps Porzingis trade.

In terms of salary matching (and just logically speaking), I would assume either Malcolm Brogdon or Marcus Smart would be the biggest salary piece being traded.

With Brogdon’s injury history, he’ll fit right in.

I do prefer Brogdon over Paul, assuming the Clippers intend to keep him. Have to think Norm Powell will be traded next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom