NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Terrible coaching not getting Gordon way out of the lane
Seems so obvious to me. Put KCP and Porter in the corners and Gordon on the perimeter up top. Forces Davis to either leave a shooter open or follow Gordon and try to help from the top of the circle which is just a lot more difficult.

Stop dribbling in the paint like that Bron….and then hustle and go foul. The hell you walking for?

I have and will always be a Lebron fan... But he needs to stop shooting the three. Especially when the guy guarding you (Murray) has 5 fouls! DRIVE the ball
Came here to say the same exact thing. He had Murray on him, when he drives the defense HAS TO collapse or else it’s an easy 2. If he wanted the 3 he should’ve drove and kicked. Walking up the court and pulling a 3 in that spot is ridiculous. One of the best drivers of the basketball of all time with a point guard on him needs to take it to the hoop there.

So I thought Denver was going to easily win this series. They won tonight. But I’m much less sure they’ll win it now. Mostly because their coach might be an idiot

This sounded crazy, so I had to look it up.

It's off, but not by much. I see 11 firsts over those 5 years, I think this guy was tripped up because they have a swap with the Hawks in 26 that I think he was counting as 2 picks. Also they have a Charlotte first that is lotto protected the next 2 years that then becomes a 2. There are some other ones they're owed that are less protected and figure to convey.

All in, it is a nice haul and assuming Wemby looks like a star I could see guys want to play there

This sounded crazy, so I had to look it up.

It's off, but not by much. I see 11 firsts over those 5 years, I think this guy was tripped up because they have a swap with the Hawks in 26 that I think he was counting as 2 picks. Also they have a Charlotte first that is lotto protected the next 2 years that then becomes a 2. There are some other ones they're owed that are less protected and figure to convey.

All in, it is a nice haul and assuming Wemby looks like a star I could see guys want to play there
Maybe more importantly, if Wemby is what everyone expects him to be, they can package some of those firsts and bring in an all star running mate for him and still have plenty of ammo left over. Hell, they have enough assets they could probably instantly form a Big 3 if they wanted to.

Maybe more importantly, if Wemby is what everyone expects him to be, they can package some of those firsts and bring in an all star running mate for him and still have plenty of ammo left over. Hell, they have enough assets they could probably instantly form a Big 3 if they wanted to.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I would say by like trade deadline 2025 or that summer, if Wemby looks like he is the dude, they should be able to swing some kind of a deal to bring someone in next to him.

I saw Woj call Wemby something like the best draft prospect ever yesterday, and I had to roll my eyes on that one. To me, I am pretty sure the best draft prospect is and will always be Kareem. It's hard to compare 18/19 year old prospects in the 1 and done era to guys who were in college for 3 or 4 years, because the older guys will obviously be more developed.

Kareem as a rookie averaged 29/15 and finished 3rd in the MVP, behind Willis Reed and Jerry West. There's a reasonable case he was the best player in the league as a rookie. In all reality, when he was in college, he was probably one of the two or three best players in the world, and if you said he was the best I wouldn't call that ridiculous. Wemby might be the GOAT, but he isn't already an NBA star. It took Lebron a year or two to become a star. Kareem came to the league fully formed as a top 2 or 3 player. #rantover

San Antonio sure knows how to time their #1 overall picks.

Toronto has had one #1 overall pick, and the choice was between Tyrus Thomas, Adam Morrison, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Andrea Bargnani. And we picked one of the 3 bums - and probably the most annoying one.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I would say by like trade deadline 2025 or that summer, if Wemby looks like he is the dude, they should be able to swing some kind of a deal to bring someone in next to him.

I saw Woj call Wemby something like the best draft prospect ever yesterday, and I had to roll my eyes on that one. To me, I am pretty sure the best draft prospect is and will always be Kareem. It's hard to compare 18/19 year old prospects in the 1 and done era to guys who were in college for 3 or 4 years, because the older guys will obviously be more developed.

Kareem as a rookie averaged 29/15 and finished 3rd in the MVP, behind Willis Reed and Jerry West. There's a reasonable case he was the best player in the league as a rookie. In all reality, when he was in college, he was probably one of the two or three best players in the world, and if you said he was the best I wouldn't call that ridiculous. Wemby might be the GOAT, but he isn't already an NBA star. It took Lebron a year or two to become a star. Kareem came to the league fully formed as a top 2 or 3 player. #rantover
Woj just trying to drum up more interest in the draft. Seriously though, Wemby is an incredible prospect. I don't think it would be all that surprising if he were an all-star as a rookie. He's probably the most dominant player his age to ever come out of Europe, and that's including Luka who won MVP over there lol.

Like, Bill Simmons was saying at the beginning of the year that he thinks Wembanyama is instantly a top 5 trade asset in the league, and since then, Wemby has taken a monumental leap forwards as a player while the rest of the draft class has stagnated. He's turned this into one of those drafts where even listing prospects in tiers feel wrong because it's more like Wemby is a Tier 1 prospect and the next best guy is several tiers below.

San Antonio sure knows how to time their #1 overall picks.

Toronto has had one #1 overall pick, and the choice was between Tyrus Thomas, Adam Morrison, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Andrea Bargnani. And we picked one of the 3 bums - and probably the most annoying one.
To be fair, Bargnani was probably only considered to be annoying because he was still relevant. Thomas and Morrison were pretty much immediately worthless, so nobody cared whether or not they were annoying lol.

I'm so fascinated to see what Charlotte and Portland do in the draft now. My gut instinct is that it's very likely Portland trades the pick to try to get Lillard a legit running mate. I'd probably try to trade the pick if I were in Charlotte's shoes too personally and wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately do look to do that to try to get back into the playoffs sooner than later.

He said best prospect in any sport. It’s pure first take type BS

It’s Bron and Kareem.

Kareem is inarguably the best college basketball player of all time.

Bron would have been the #1 draft pick as a sophomore in HS.

Wemby is the most coveted NBA prospect since Bron, but to say ever, especially in any sport, is just them being dumb.

Woj just trying to drum up more interest in the draft. Seriously though, Wemby is an incredible prospect. I don't think it would be all that surprising if he were an all-star as a rookie. He's probably the most dominant player his age to ever come out of Europe, and that's including Luka who won MVP over there lol.

Like, Bill Simmons was saying at the beginning of the year that he thinks Wembanyama is instantly a top 5 trade asset in the league, and since then, Wemby has taken a monumental leap forwards as a player while the rest of the draft class has stagnated. He's turned this into one of those drafts where even listing prospects in tiers feel wrong because it's more like Wemby is a Tier 1 prospect and the next best guy is several tiers below.

I agree he's an incredible prospect, I think in the one and doneish era it's between him and Lebron for the top spot. But I would be pretty surprised if he were an all star as a rookie. There will probably be some growing pains.

I was looking at Lebron, I forgot he averaged 27-7-7 in his second year in the league. Even more impressive than it seems because pace was about 10% lower that year than now, you're probably talking closer to 29-8-8 as a 20 year old in todays environment

Luka, Lebron AD; all these guys were AS in year 2. So I will stand by what I said above, I would be pretty surprised if Wemby was an AS in year 1 (especially since the team is still gonna be really bad in all likelihood) but I will be less surprised than I was 2 paragraphs ago

I agree he's an incredible prospect, I think in the one and doneish era it's between him and Lebron for the top spot. But I would be pretty surprised if he were an all star as a rookie. There will probably be some growing pains.

I was looking at Lebron, I forgot he averaged 27-7-7 in his second year in the league. Even more impressive than it seems because pace was about 10% lower that year than now, you're probably talking closer to 29-8-8 as a 20 year old in todays environment

Luka, Lebron AD; all these guys were AS in year 2. So I will stand by what I said above, I would be pretty surprised if Wemby was an AS in year 1 (especially since the team is still gonna be really bad in all likelihood) but I will be less surprised than I was 2 paragraphs ago

One thing in Wemby’s favor is that I think there is less reticence to have a rookie be an all star now. But that’s just my feeling. No evidence.

Wemby, Sochan, Vassell (sp?), Keldon and Tre (for now) is a pretty fun lineup.

But they have cap space, picks and Pop.

Interesting times.

There was a legit argument to be made that Carmelo deserved ROY in 2004. He averaged more points (barely) and rebounds than Lebron. Shot better from the field, from 3 and from the line. Similar steal and block numbers. Lebron doubled him up on assists, but Melo led a team that won 17 games the prior season to 43 wins and the 8th seed in a loaded Western Conference while the Cavs won 35 games and finished 9th in a super weak East (literally half of the playoff teams were .500 or below). Now that I've typed that all out, I DEMAND A RE-VOTE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom