NC State - ND game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State - ND game

In other news, the earth revolves around the sun. I loathe Notre Dame. I really do. He was out of bounds.
Me too. Burns my ass to this day. Illegal field goal with no time left on the clock. Yet another ND victory by the referees. NCAA rules committee decided a week later that SU had WON THE GAME. We petitioned ND to relinquish the win and they refused. Cost us a better bowl bid. Thank you father Hessberg and F.G. Skibbie. Low life's.

In other news, the earth revolves around the sun. I loathe Notre Dame. I really do. He was out of bounds.

Even the Refs trying to give Nd the game didn't work, Nd is a bad football team.

LAOrange said:
Why couldn't they play this badly against us?

Can't take anything away from today's game because of the weather.

ND would have won that game but 2 TDs on a dry field.

Me too. Burns my ass to this day. Illegal field goal with no time left on the clock. Yet another ND victory by the referees. NCAA rules committee decided a week later that SU had WON THE GAME. We petitioned ND to relinquish the win and they refused. Cost us a better bowl bid. Thank you father Hessberg and F.G. Skibbie. Low life's.

Weird why would it even be the option of the opponent? The NCAA is one strange organization - why make a ruling and then say it's up to the team they ruled against whether they want to forfeit and make SU petition them?

Can't take anything away from today's game because of the weather.

ND would have won that game but 2 TDs on a dry field.

Nd is a 4 win team, ya the conditions were tough, Nc State had to play in them too.

Nd is a 4 win team, ya the conditions were tough, Nc State had to play in them too.
I hate ND as much as anyone with their independent bs and want our loss to them to not sting as much but you can't take anything from a game with about 30 fumbles and the deciding score coming off a blocked punt in 2 feet of water.

I hate ND as much as anyone with their independent bs and want our loss to them to not sting as much but you can't take anything from a game with about 30 fumbles and the deciding score coming off a blocked punt in 2 feet of water.

Ok even if you completely take this game away, they still got beat by a bad Texas team, a mediocre Msu team, and lost at home to Duke. They still have to play Stanford, Miami, Va Tech, how many games do you think they are winnning?

how long before Brian Kelly's head blows off his shoulders? He'll be taking his giant head home tonight to cry in his big, fat pillow

Weird why would it even be the option of the opponent? The NCAA is one strange organization - why make a ruling and then say it's up to the team they ruled against whether they want to forfeit and make SU petition them?
Hi Cheriehoop, to the best of my recollection, being that the game was officially over, and the winner declared at that moment, the NCAA, after reviewing the tape, interviewing the refs, etc, decided that SU should have won the game, technically won the game...but said they had no authority to change the outcome. The second FG attempt, with zero time on the clock, should not have been allowed. Especially with ND kicking 15 yds. closer. That's how I remember it some 50 or so years ago. Haven't slept since.....

Paul Finebaum just destroyed Kelly on SC. I'll try to link when I get a chance.

I've never seen an analyst unload like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom